offshore work??

Nothing happening at moment mate...rbg are down manning loads at moment..been a ***** year offshore...suppose to pick up loads next year pal.

to say its been a sh"t year offshore is a understatment for 75% of lads out here it been dire..i have been on 6 different platforms this year alone, and have just had the knock back from a job in angola...ffs.
cape are starting to pay off aswel.and again it does not seem to matter how much service you have in..also know they have paid one lad off because his rgit was running out and they were not going to put him through it..so he had to pay for it his self...then they gave him a trip...
hopefully next year will be better ..2 big jobs starting i know about ..on the andrew and the armada..both have barges due out to those...so hopefully a better time all round..(cause it could not get much worse)

Alright you lot, got my BASIC Part 2 and OFFSHORE SURVIVAL but no MIST, haven't even tried ringing for a few months coz I know without my MIST ill just get a big F OFF and now it seem's the OFFSHORE seasob is over so no point even trying now till Feb\March time, good luck everyone

can be pain in the arse trying to get in but once you get a trip thats you try rigblast and salamis just got to keep ringing you might just get lucky

fell out with rbg march havent been able to get a job offshore or anywhere else any jobs out there lads come need a christmas chicken ....lol

hi guys, just wandered if anyone new of any work offshore?

been looking for ages now with no luck!

sean
you will have to wait for the shut downs to start thats not till about march you might get 6 trips if your lucky.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

hi guys, just wandered if anyone new of any work offshore?

been looking for ages now with no luck!

sean
you will have to wait for the shut downs to start thats not till about march you might get 6 trips if your lucky.

Hi, Try Salamis, RBG or Cape. Phone every couple of days. I know it's a pain, but you could be at the right place at the right time. It happens all the time, if you are ready to go at a moments notice, you get a kick-in.

i work for rbg they are very busy at the moment the trick to starting is to put on your cv that you have worked offshore for example if you send your cv to rbg say on it that you have worked foe salamis and so on . once you get offshore just tell the guys that you are working for that you have nt been offshore in a while let them look after you for the first couple of days hope this information helps guys

They cant be that busy i have just been paid off, they are down manning now they will probley give you a trip over xmas and new year just to cover for core crew who dont want to work it, i think next year should pick up round april or march time hopefully :unsure:

Oufc where u been wae them am on the forties alpha the noo hopin to c it throo to nxt year but u never no wae tht lot

Hi paddy i was on the forties alpha last year did one trip on nites with tam adams
the last rig i was on was the thistle 4 weeks ago **** hole it was got paid off, this year has been slow for the offshore work for me could be different for yourself or other depends where you end up some times your lucky sometimes not thats the way it is on rbg :nuts:

hi lads sorry aint been in touch iv been moving house twice me part 1 course and im offshore the mo, but not scaffolding i need a jb scaffolding to be able to go back in for me part2, so if any 1 knows of out kicking about on or offshore giz a shout, bad time o year i know but, theyl get sick o me b4 i get sisk of looking lol, tar lads keep safe.h.

no on the alpha m8 av seen the name on the flight lists noo n again

cape great yarmouth (01493 657111)are taking people on and rigblast (dont know number!) just took the petrofac offshore contract off them so will be looking for people also i would have thought.

good luck finding work

getting off shore is a ball ache they dont seem to look at any one with out experiance the only way people seem to get on is by knowing some one that already out! but an other way of getting experiance that they are looking for is the dry docks!!!

getting off shore is a ball ache they dont seem to look at any one with out experiance the only way people seem to get on is by knowing some one that already out! but an other way of getting experiance that they are looking for is the dry docks!!!

You've answered your own question here mate

Top Bottom