No respect

Aye, its a hard enough Game without carrying some back chattin Chimp---first sign of any lip or doggin and their sent back to the Yard---no passengers in this Game---no repreave.

Iv got to say though---when you do manage to get a good un, I'll spend time to learn him...

Got to agree with Garry. Had a few useless idiots. They start of well then two weeks down the line they start moanin. Make's my day when you get a lad who will actually listen and absorb the information instead of the blank expression you sometimes get when it all goes straight over there head.

now then kid tha is a good shout wha u hav said there ive been a part 1 for 9 mounths an ive work'd with other part one's an they think there so f****** great i think trainess shuold sit back an do wha they r ask'd to do an take it in an learn from the scaffs who r time served

hiya lads,i agree with you cos these young trainee's think that they know everything and in fact they know nothing.

my first charge hand was known as the horse(alex stewart)fae glasgow n theirs nothing that,that man doesnt know about scaffolding and for being in his early 60's,he was fit as hell and new his job.
all these young yins need to learn to crawl before running and sometimes they should shut up n just listen to their foreman or charge man!.

hohoho up we go

yo yo scaffy , i was putting tube up when brian was finding out how to con his mother into letting him hire her as a scaff yard . :nuts::nuts: glad i didnt look to larry (lash it up)o,shaunassy for guidance,::eek:, i,d love to be a saftey officer in this town boy i would be busy .

Hi lads you are all spot on 8 hr a day of abuse, but if you got through it you were a better man and believe it or not it mad you a dam good scaff. But young labourers. Now well the mobile phone who the f…k do they get to talk too all day every time turn round they are on the f…king thing, back in my day the charge hand would have hit me with a fitting or something

sabre - larrys a good bloke , he used to own a big outfit in london - now he is semi retired down by the sea ha
know what you mean bout mobile phones mate

I think you are all talking about beasting!!

SCAFFOLDERS RULES

RULE 1 / ALWAYS THE LABOURERS FAULT

RULE 2 / GOT TO HAVE TWO

RULE 3/ GOT TO BE DONE

On very rare occasions

RULE 4 / CHARGEHANDS OWN RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all you need.

Missed the pub, rule 1. Got to the pub rule 2 & 3 kicks in etc.

Simple yes :cool:

Ragscaff

Like the old saying goes
"Gotta learn to do the labouring before the fixing.
I was labouring for just over 3 years before I was allowed to go on the tools.
Makes me laugh these boys just want to get a spanner in their hands , problem there is how the **** can you be on the tools when you have no idea what gear to use???.

Having a part one or part to dont mean you can put up a scaffold at all. I get pissed right of with some of the jumped up ticket boys who have only been doing it 5 mins. Many of us dont have tickets 1 the company never paid to put us through 2 its to expensive.

As for labourers and phones that just gets my back up i tell mine if i see you on it and im waiting you best get the bus home

Also labs not using ladders thats just wrong, only yesterday i asked for a bundle of 5s when 1 was poked up to me it was met with the responce theres a ladder there

Like the old saying goes
"Gotta learn to do the labouring before the fixing.
I was labouring for just over 3 years before I was allowed to go on the tools.
Makes me laugh these boys just want to get a spanner in their hands , problem there is how the **** can you be on the tools when you have no idea what gear to use???.

Having a part one or part to dont mean you can put up a scaffold at all. I get pissed right of with some of the jumped up ticket boys who have only been doing it 5 mins. Many of us dont have tickets 1 the company never paid to put us through 2 its to expensive.

As for labourers and phones that just gets my back up i tell mine if i see you on it and im waiting you best get the bus home

Also labs not using ladders thats just wrong, only yesterday i asked for a bundle of 5s when 1 was poked up to me it was met with the responce theres a ladder there
ur spot on there. and l'm still learnin each nd every day. all so not affraid 2 ask sum1's advice.

the cocky ones normally get the gear when u base out then when its based out jump
up and you end up getting gear.some are good some are little shits had loads of rows
over the years.lol

i,ve been in the game 20+ years and just doing my part 1. please dont tar all part 1,s with the same brush,. i,m educating a part 2 scaff .as you say ticket dont mean jack , its in the blood.

lol ive been in the game the same sabretiger ive got a trainee cisrs if i want it id rather
wipe my ******* arse with it.but no where your comeing from m8.

Know what you mean
I have been in the game 15 years with a few years off in between
I dont have a ticket I have no interest in getting one.
The only reason I would get one was if it was for employment pourposes But it certainly would not come out of my pocket.
Any Tom **** or Harry can come to this country or any jumped up little labourer who thinks hes the nuts get a part one then after 6 months or less what ever the time is untill you can get a part 2 . and call themselves a scaffolder.
To me thats an insult to the rest of us who have been aroud the game for a while

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

the cocky ones normally get the gear when u base out then when its based out jump
up and you end up getting gear.some are good some are little shits had loads of rows
over the years.lol

Those ones are sent back down or if im feeling in a vengeful mood my tools are given to the labourer and he is sent up there while i labour and will only labour and wont give out any help.
That cockeyness soon disapears

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

ur spot on there. and l'm still learnin each nd every day. all so not affraid 2 ask sum1's advice.

Good to hear the only way to learn is to ask.
Like i said though a good few years labouring gives you alot of the knowlege you need you know what gear is needed you have seen how various jobs have gone up time and time again. all that is then needed is to work on that spanner spinning speed

like i said tickets mean jack , i,m sorta old school , @ the moment i,m being taught what the slip load of a pin has ??? what the fook do i care , wrap the fooker up an if it dont bite , get one that does , oh the answer is ?

very true bigtone just cos you can put a 8 be 5 and a independent up you ante a scaffolder.it takes years m8.your learning every day.

Know what you mean
I have been in the game 15 years with a few years off in between
I dont have a ticket I have no interest in getting one.
The only reason I would get one was if it was for employment pourposes But it certainly would not come out of my pocket.
Any Tom **** or Harry can come to this country or any jumped up little labourer who thinks hes the nuts get a part one then after 6 months or less what ever the time is untill you can get a part 2 . and call themselves a scaffolder.
To me thats an insult to the rest of us who have been aroud the game for a while

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Those ones are sent back down or if im feeling in a vengeful mood my tools are given to the labourer and he is sent up there while i labour and will only labour and wont give out any help.
That cockeyness soon disapears

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Good to hear the only way to learn is to ask.
Like i said though a good few years labouring gives you alot of the knowlege you need you know what gear is needed you have seen how various jobs have gone up time and time again. all that is then needed is to work on that spanner spinning speed

I love it when a new hand, wants to climb aloft, i will feed the gear all day to them.

It is a Democratic approach, to learning, as they will think why, these tubes and fittings now!!!!!!! I thought i wanted these:eek::eek::eek:

Better listen to the old Fart in future:laugh:

very true bigtone just cos you can put a 8 be 5 and a independent up you ante a scaffolder.it takes years m8.your learning every day.

True no matter how long you've been doing it you learn something new everyday.

Ive been doing it fourteen years, streets, industrial and commercial, from terrarced fronts to cantilever drops off 100 foot high buildings. im part two and only got it last year, when i was on my course there were lads who couldnt base out a 13 foot independant telling me what to do. its the nature of the game run before you can walk, they sit in the pub telling people im a well 'ard scaff when actually they cant even labour!

There are lads at the firm where i am working now and two of them were taught by one svaff and you should see their faces when it comes to something like a temp roof or you give them a support drawing and they look at it upside down then give it you back cos the scale rulers not a primary school one.

every frim has its donkeys that can do as theyre told and graft it also needs the lads who can think to tell the donkeys what to do, this is what makes firms good people who can listen and do what theyre told, it works down the line management tell supervisors, supervisors tell chargehands, chargehands tell second spanners and labourers just make brews and play on their phones!

I have one simple rule in the squad , everything is shared , labouring and fixing . We have all worked with the so called super scaff who only fixes and the plebs get the gear . I have found in my experience these guys get whats comming to them with guys refusing to work with them or belting them in the pub . This is a labour intensive job and even a labourer needs a break and respect will be due to you all day long .

I have one simple rule in the squad , everything is shared , labouring and fixing . We have all worked with the so called super scaff who only fixes and the plebs get the gear . I have found in my experience these guys get whats comming to them with guys refusing to work with them or belting them in the pub . This is a labour intensive job and even a labourer needs a break and respect will be due to you all day long .

Never a truer word said.

What goes around comes around, and every dog has his day;)

Top Bottom