Newbie much to learn on site and this web site

Reaction score
Alright guys , came across this site when I was looking for a new job. I have just got my part two(CISRS) looking to get my survival next put myself through it no one does in Edinburgh! Wheres good to go for work, I am gd at tube and fitting I don't work with it day to day, I use cup lock or quikstage . So not a lot off experience with it I know I will need it to get where I want in life. Where do I start, 5 years I have worked in scaffolding very keen as I am well known in Edinburgh companies even done the price work with my own guys does not pay that well in the streets as what I thought for how much I had to do (was I to cheap lol), to keen sometime bad? Lol some scaffs say i'm doing too much or carrying too much say my body will be wrecked by the time I am thirty and it's not all about speed do it right. Looking for some pointers cheers

23 this yr man fit and keen I am a kick boxer. And come away from a hard day scaffolding can do more damage to me than two hrs training lol

It will get you in the end mate, but after 31 years i can still hold my own , you learn to use experience rather then pure muscle after a few years to make life as easy as possible and let the young guns do all the heavy sh it just point them in the right direction :)

Welcome edinburgh scaff, you can rive and tear as much as you want, but its the top two inches in your head that should be doing most of the graft.
work smart not hard.

i wish someone told me that when i was 23:laugh:cause i am totally fukced now

Welcome edinburgh scaff, you can rive and tear as much as you want, but its the top two inches in your head that should be doing most of the graft.
work smart not hard.

i wish someone told me that when i was 23:laugh:cause i am totally fukced now

You won't get better advice than that ES. I spent the first ten years punishing my body and the next ten cursing myself for doing it. Clever scaffs don't graft half as much, and I don't mean because they're lazy bassas :laugh:

PS. Welcome pal

Cant put an old head on young shoulders Jakdan. I'm the same arms f##### with arthritis, but if I was 23 again I'd still be a scaff, The young u'ns are spoiled now with their nice scaffsteps, harness, coloured hemets, hand warming gloves, shiny boots and more gear hanging from their belts than is in a tool box and all those boards to work off. Only a joke, but I think the old days were better.

Cant put an old head on young shoulders Jakdan. I'm the same arms f##### with arthritis, but if I was 23 again I'd still be a scaff, The young u'ns are spoiled now with their nice scaffsteps, harness, coloured hemets, hand warming gloves, shiny boots and more gear hanging from their belts than is in a tool box and all those boards to work off. Only a joke, but I think the old days were better.

Certainly if you wanted to make money Brandy.

Agree there Bundy it was a lot easier to make money and you got to keep it, not like now where it seems its never ending paying out for courses and all the suplementary equipment that you have to buy before you can do the job.the pickpockets wear suits nowadays.

Welcome to the forum Edinburghscaff, reading your post reminded me of myself. I wasn't particularly bothered about keeping fit for sports though as all my energy went in to my work and grafted for fun. It meant I have never been without a job in my life and still have the name of being a grafter even although the young guns do most of the grunt for me now. The boy's are right in what they say eventually it will catch up with you but I would say just enjoy it for now and you can find yourself a good chiropractor later.:D

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom