NEBOSH Materials needed

Hello orac did the general picked the wrong one realy, should have done the construction course, im going to sit the construction one just after christmas at the colledge i use to teach at, as you prob no you can just sit ng2 and the inspection report to get your general, im not sitting through the hole course just paying to sit the exam works out at only £180 quid best of it all they do the inspection in the scaffold department where i worked should be interesting.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

cool

Hi Lads,
I done the nebosh construction cert and havent looked back!.
I went with RRC in London as they had a higher pass rate than others around (at a cost!!)
I purchased a book off Amazon for £40 titled "Introduction to health & safety in construction" ,I read this book as my only study method and complimented it with past exam papers (critical reading material!!).
Ive been on the tools for over 15 years but now Im off them .
I reccomend the construction certificate as ,along with your scaffold qualifications,experience,competence,it gives you that extra bit of recognition on your cv.

regards

Fernzi

without a doubt whatever training an accreditation you acquire improves your prospects, but at the moment im job hunting and having the Nebosh construction cert is not really helping. Every job i look at that suits wage, location and suitability states Nebosh Diploma a must or CMIOSH. When i first past the con cert about 4 year ago that could grab a salary of £50000 now youll get £35000 tops with it, unless im looking in the wrong places.

without a doubt whatever training an accreditation you acquire improves your prospects, but at the moment im job hunting and having the nebosh construction cert is not really helping. Every job i look at that suits wage, location and suitability states nebosh diploma a must or cmiosh. When i first past the con cert about 4 year ago that could grab a salary of £50000 now youll get £35000 tops with it, unless im looking in the wrong places.

you and me both poledancer

Health & Safety funding

Hi Guys,

in response to Ian, the Nebosh Environmental management cert cost £900 for 5 days tuition and 2h exam on Saturday morning also had to carry out practical assignment at work, conducted workplace ENV audit with nebosh pro forma booklet, then reviewed findings, conclusions, exc summery, reccommendations, just the same as all nebosh cert practicals.

Did enjoy the course, and got alot of info totally relevant to my job role, now studying for NVQ level 4 Health & Safety, got the NVQ half funded through Euro social fund via Barrow training partnership who also put me through my A1 assessors cert for free ( A1 enabels you to assess NVQ canditates in your proven competence, I had 2 lads plenty of experiance but no tickets got the boys assessed to NVQ level 2 Scaffolding, only downside is lads need to do 10 day assessed route, to gain CISRS card) got my company to pay other half NVQ total cost was £1700 and ECITB will refund my firm, cos they pay a levy

Top Bottom