National CISRS Membership??? Figures........?

Why should a guy who erects scaffolds day in day out have to prove his worth to renew his cards.the whole point of courses is that you are competant,is the cisrs approved training not to be trusted.
I beleive that any industry related changes can and should be rolled out within the companys employing the scaffolders,or what is the point of nasc membership.
I have friends who are joiners and in the last 4 years all are using the nail gun,a very dangerous tool,suprise suprise no big hulla balloo about training and tickets they just get on with it.
I dont kn ow your background phil,but in my opinion the poacher is right the cisrs/nasc is a cash cowe which needs slaughtered

Daftscaff I don't like to be judgmental but Phil is a clever southan fairy (Cockney Cu*T)

Good articulate SF member tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we know youre watching simian,how are you going to justify this carry on.
at the end of the day its your bread and butter,i have to erect advanced scaffold structures to earn my crust and i dont think i should have to pay someone every couple of years to have the right to earn my crust.
how long does an assessors training last,who trains the trainers lets open a can of worms eh lads

at the end of the day its your bread and butter,i have to erect advanced scaffold structures to earn my crust and i dont think i should have to pay someone every couple of years to have the right to earn my crust.
how long does an assessors training last,who trains the trainers lets open a can of worms eh lads

Competency is a mixture of Qualification, experience , knowledge & Knowing your own limits " being able to ask a peer when you are out of your comfort zone"

SO we as registered Scaffs are not competent????????????????????????????????

Can the CISRS confirm when Scaffs Competencey, expires.....????????????????

News to me this two day refresher for scaffolders.

Can poacher justify this rumour with some written facts please as I as a training provider have heard nothing and I have a seat on asito.

Ian

Last edited:
Just sent my renewal form and fee away today---spoke to the help line and no mention of a two day refresher !...

News to me this two day refresher for scaffolders

Its in the post, Simian you Can't tell me that you never knew about the new cash cow dispenser???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

a very good CISRS source has confirmed the course & the introduction of the new cash cow, Ok Simian are you guna confirm that no CISRS Advanced refresher course is going to be introduced??????????? in the foreseeable future??

Its in the post, Simian you Can't tell me that you never knew about the new cash cow dispenser???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

a very good CISRS source has confirmed the course & the introduction of the new cash cow, Ok Simian are you guna confirm that no CISRS Advanced refresher course is going to be introduced??????????? in the foreseeable future??

I know of nothing in the forseeable future however one of my issues in this area is we have companies who teach their scaffolders nothing so an advanced man from 1990 could have not done any training in 21 years.

If you work for cape, palmers, Hertel and the likes of Lyndon or tone you will get regular updates in house from good competent technical teams, think about the 10-20 man companies.

Ian

Just sent my renewal form and fee away today---spoke to the help line and no mention of a two day refresher !...

Ga I have opened a can of worms ere.............did my Advanced course in Dec 10 and the crack of the instructor was that next time we renewed the card it would be via a 2 day assessment......... set in stone, fool i was, did SITS in March 11 guna have to resit that too.

Daftscaff, good name by the way, all my instructors have PTLLS [ preparing to teach in the life long sector] qualifications or city and guilds 7331. once complete they then do the A1 assessor award, I also have two Cert Ed which is a teaching qualification for schools. All are advanced scaffs, been foreman or supervisors and had over five years experience.

To answer you question they are all members of the institute for learning on a CPD [continuous professional development] costing £68 per year. Every year they have to submit what courses and assessments they have done along with course development and extra learning.if they don't have enough points they lose it.

How many advanced scaffolders do you know are swabbing round site and rigs and have never picked up a spanner for 10 years? Are they still competent?

Ian

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Should have told them it's set in stone as it's written on the SF.

This revalidation is a double edged sword, on one hand one must be up to speed with addendum's to new Statutory requirements, Technical Guidance, ACOP ect ect, however, if there were some form of claw back for self sponsorship, this would be a help, after all the majority of Scaffolders, Inspection ans Scaff Supervision Cources are usually self sponsored, this is just the nature of the beast.

Re-validation is not only for Scaff Cards---I have just re-validated my Offshore Certs, £1200 approx---I dont mind self investment, however, it can be quite costly.

Garry...

Daftscaff, good name by the way, all my instructors have PTLLS [ preparing to teach in the life long sector] qualifications or city and guilds 7331. once complete they then do the A1 assessor award, I also have two Cert Ed which is a teaching qualification for schools. All are advanced scaffs, been foreman or supervisors and had over five years experience.

To answer you question they are all members of the institute for learning on a CPD [continuous professional development] costing £68 per year. Every year they have to submit what courses and assessments they have done along with course development and extra learning.if they don't have enough points they lose it.

How many advanced scaffolders do you know are swabbing round site and rigs and have never picked up a spanner for 10 years? Are they still competent?

Ian

Simian must have a training competence course for those in question??? Rea-firm your self with competence, for offshore scaffs that have been off the spanners for a while, also domestic & commercial scaffs welcome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All pounds shilling & pence taken, No job to big or small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simian must have a training competence course for those in question??? Rea-firm your self with competence, for offshore scaffs that have been off the spanners for a while, also domestic & commercial scaffs welcome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All pounds shilling & pence taken, No job to big or small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't, however I would like your opinion on the question of scaffolders who have not scaffolded for 10 years or more but have a gold card.

It's the exact opposite of what your saying and you are a safety advisor so deem them competent?

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

My last quote before bed, I am an advanced Scaffolder and have been since 1997. I have been off the spanners a while now, would I feel comfortable topping out a 21?

We don't, however I would like your opinion on the question of scaffolders who have not scaffolded for 10 years or more but have a gold card.

It's the exact opposite of what your saying and you are a safety advisor so deem them competent?

About to get my Gold Card Ian, Passed the CISRS course blagged the NVQ cos as you know its a load shi*e any monkey can plaegerise evidence, Got Nebosh GEN,CON,ENV & NVQ L 4 H&S, Safety advisor for big firm wana get offshore but, so thats my crack you been on holiday????? havent heard from SR for a good while???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How many accounts have you got????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

My last quote before bed, I am an advanced Scaffolder and have been since 1997. I have been off the spanners a while now, would I feel comfortable topping out a 21?

you have never topped a pontoon out Ian in all your days IAN according to my contacts.:huh:

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Surely these guys would be supervisors and not need to through steel pipe a bout?????????????????????? suppose demotion could come into it:(

out of that 45000 members how many trainees,as no 1 is willing to pay for the courses,and can u tell me why,there all in it for the money.

Keith, I always know when someone has had their arse bared when they make it personal, you would make a great offshore safety advisor offshore as with my 14 years offshore I heard a new rumour everyday with no substance, in fact 50% of the people out there was so paranoid about their jobs it was sometimes two.

Remember 1 thing the sccr wants to work with cisrs and NASC not against them.

If

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Keith, I always know when someone has had their arse bared when they make it personal, you would make a great offshore safety advisor offshore as with my 14 years offshore I heard a new rumour everyday with no substance, in fact 50% of the people out there was so paranoid about their jobs it was sometimes two.

Remember 1 thing the sccr wants to work with cisrs and NASC not against them.

If

Sorry on the remark of how many accounts, yawn, ask SF admin, a little research is always good to have prior to humping in with both feet.

Thats true about offshore.. **** me, you heard so many stories its unreal.. LMFAO...

Best one is " don't worry , leave it with me " lol...

Thats true about offshore.. **** me, you heard so many stories its unreal.. LMFAO...

Best one is " don't worry , leave it with me " lol...

Or leave your gear you will be back in a fortnight.

1st ive heard of this myself....though wouldnt surprise me if it wernt in the pipeline but as simian(ian) has not heard of this then it just maybe another story time will tell.

1st ive heard of this myself....though wouldnt surprise me if it wernt in the pipeline but as simian(ian) has not heard of this then it just maybe another story time will tell.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it mate, this story has been banded around for years now.

It's not true.

Just spoke to a mate of mine who's a trainer/assesor.. said the only thing to renew your card is the touch screen.. every 5 years.. I'll go with what he says :blink1:

Top Bottom