maximum board spacing

Found it at last

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77TnNVBK_To]The strength of Double Scaffold Boards... Proven beyond doubt for 48.3 Scaffold Design - YouTube[/ame]

thanks to 48.3

I cant see any safety officer allowing someone to work off two doubled up rulers..

The coffee jars looked pretty strong though.:eek:

fooking hell , obviously i could just put the scaffold in properly , but the reason the gaps there is because its a door way .so if im going to put bridle tubes in i may as well of just ran the scaffold through in the first place .there isnt always scaffolders on site and the site manager asked me the best way to do it .i told him iv doubled the boards over the gap loads of times without any problem .but i know for a fact my supervisor would question it . i also said newman/youngman boards would do the trick but he would still need a scaffolder to remove the stopend handrails. just wondered if ther was any actual rules on it

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

doubling up boards i mean not removing handrails

That's the forum Allan, an eclectic mix of views and opinions put forward badly.:cool:

Drop 2 tubes off Swivels - off the above Ledger, like normal droppers and throw a Tranny at the bottom just so it can take the 'belly' out of the Boards that those blokes wanna work off, then when they are finished, get them to take the Boards off and as the droppers are on Swivels, they can move them either left or right and tie them back to the existing Scaffold... might work?

You know - Like a Trapeze on a Hanger? ;)

It wasnt that long ago that the trades that needed the gap bridged would have just thrown some doubled up boards over the gap & got on with it.No one would have fell off it & no one would be the wiser.....
Now the site manager has asked you how you are going to do it,probably need a design, method statement,scaff tag etc.Needs to be ran past your supervisor too,everyone is covering their arses,all for next to nothing cash wise as well.
Dont you just love progress?

feck it just put harness to be worn on the tag,and get yer arse doon the boozer ;)

nothing to do with charges mate , i just get paid by the hour . i know theres lots wrong with lapping the boards ,there will be a 3 inch trip when there doubled up and the handrail will probably be too low . i just told a site manager that i have always done it and wanted to find out if it was actually right

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

any more crocman due on mate, one of my favourite programmes . did he get any extra funding after the tv show. where the fook did he put all them crocs off the french guy

Croc man is doing really good at the moment.He didnt get any more funding,but they are really busy every weekend & during the week with schools etc.There is talk about doing another series where they will send Shaun off to a different continent each episode to see the crocs in the wild.We are spending xmas day with him and his family so I will find out more then.The baby french crocs are all in one enclosure & some more eggs are hatching as we speak.

lucyandShaun.jpg

My daughter Lucy & Shaun.

babyfrenchcroc.jpg

One of the baby French crocs

baskingcroc.jpg

Daisy 8ft American croc.

Top Bottom