Looking for a spanner with safety ring on the box for lanyard.

stick it in a lathe,, cut the groove yersel... stick on the ring,,, I saw them spanners for sale, at a place called rss industrial... just outside middlesborough,, on the hartlepool side/ billingham.. dont think they were as expensive as you stated.. then again, i could be wrong.. i think they were charging £39.

VLLB - come on you know the answer to this get yersel an IMPACT WRENCH !!!! ha ha ah ha!

Well lads were is this lanyard brain washing going to stop
If you need a lanyard on your spanner or Bead or podger you should not be in the game.
health and safety is making easy money from this generation
What next lanyard for tubes fittings boards ladders .The more you hang on your belt
The more ideas the Hse get.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

If you need a lanyard on your spanner or Bead or podger you should not be in the game.
What next lanyard for tubes fittings boards ladders .The more you hang on your belt

Not really...

My spanner is £120. - All titanuim IMN handle and box.
Not some old shitter you can buy off a market stool, for £15.

If im working over somewhere like a river or even a deep hole with no way to get to the bottom, where i COULD drop it and lose it, am i not going to take precautions?

Accidents happen and a slip of the hand can happen to anyone at any time, its got nothing to do with how good a Scaffolder you are...

I have a spanner lanyard on my belt, at all times, for handy keeping, if i work in a place where i could drop and lose my spanner.
If that makes me a numpty, then so be it. - Ill be £120 better off, wont i? :noworry:

but they say use them as a safety device at all times jason , not only when its possible to drop your bling spanner in the wash, My spanner cost me £20-00 its not any old shitter you can buy off a market stool ( think you mean stall ) maybe you should of bought a £20-00 spanner aswell and spent the other 100 dabs on spelling lessons :D

the point is do bricklayers have to use lanyards, roofers use lanyards, welders use lanyards , joiners use lanyards or any other trade use lanyards , probably not, yet all have as much chance of dropping their tools as we have:D

Fair enough...
Ill check my speeeelings on future. ;)

Your right about other trades not having to use a lanyard. - Its not fair, if thats the case.
But even then, theres so many other things that we have to endure, like long sleeve vests and especially 'so-called' safety glasses... - Which are at times more dangerous, then having to strike a job erected by a Geordie. :cheesy:

Id still rather have a lanyard and not need it, then not have it and need it.

Ahem ahem, you can call wor lass,the kids and my dog, however, if i ever hear you call the scaffolding abilities of a Geordie again....... i will moderate you to a inch of your life...........:D

Top Bottom