Long Term Scaffolding Work Available

its a shame seems theres one every decade remember reading the last one there was only about 50% of the work being done,things have picked up and wages seem to be rising but in general the way the job is going the next recession could completly fook the game alltogether

I'm talking about people in general, he said he started scaffolding in 1985 (nearly 30 years) why hasn't he done his basic or advanced, chancer comes to mind!

what about the firms that operate with blokes without tickets? shouldn't some of the responsibility be shouldered by them? why do they price jobs where you'd be expected to have have cards get on it if they have a certain percentage of blokes working for them that are cardless?and what about the blokes with a family,mortgage ect.. that probably haven't got the spare cash to send themselves through their courses? your saying somebody that if somebody was in this job for 30 years and they didn't have a card they'd be a chancer,that's a silly statement!so the firms have nothing to with it?people come on here now and again and gripe about the nasc but at least they emphasise that members must have a percentage of carded blokes.

thought mothercare went bust andy lol na i was in the social club called job centre where fun and frolics was a certainty:(

I was scaffolding and doing door work
Hard hard times

"Door work"..?

Why is about 95% of every Scaffolder in the world is either or 'used' to:

1. A 'Doorman'/A Bare-knuckle Boxing Champion. :eek:
  2. "Done bird".
  3. Was one of the coffin bearer's at Reggie/Ronnie Krays funeral. :rolleyes:
  4. Former Royal Marine/Para/SAS commando.

I guess thats why im weird... i 'used' to play the xbox and watch eastenders - now i only play xbox. :nuts:

Lol @ jason
I did @ least 2 outta ur list...but u missed out the tattoo's & failed marrages lol

Ya, lol.

There is a 'Bible' for Scaffolding somewhere on the Forum. Ill have to find it.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

This is it SP:
Click here.

I remember there was about 100+ on it lol

Dont know about the xbox either i'm still playing the sega mastersystem

Last edited:
Never had xboxs when I was a kid
Just 2 tin cans and a bit of string
U spoilt ********

"Door work"..?

Why is about 95% of every Scaffolder in the world is either or 'used' to:

1. A 'Doorman'/A Bare-knuckle Boxing Champion. :eek:
  2. "Done bird".
  3. Was one of the coffin bearer's at Reggie/Ronnie Krays funeral. :rolleyes:
  4. Former Royal Marine/Para/SAS commando.

I guess thats why im weird... i 'used' to play the xbox and watch eastenders - now i only play xbox. :nuts:

When he said "door work" I thought he meant he used to be an Avon lady.

I haven't got an Avon entitlement on my card
It's run out

not sas sbs or para. but you are certainly a gimp who enjoys xbox. big kid!

TRAD is the worst firm ever to work for, If you do not know anybody from management you wasting your time and do not expect big wages. Why do you think TRAD is advertising lately so much, cause nobody wants to work for them, they always try to f..k you over!!

(Thread) -Post Traumatic Digression People are increasing in numbers at an alarming rate.

Is there a cure for it ?

Last edited:
TRAD is the worst firm ever to work for, If you do not know anybody from management you wasting your time and do not expect big wages. Why do you think TRAD is advertising lately so much, cause nobody wants to work for them, they always try to f..k you over!!

Quite a sweeping statement to say "the worst firm ever to work for". However Trad have always advertised a lot. Donkeys years ago they were advertising daily in the Evening Standard.

Hi,you are obviously not a fan of TRAD but with respect and just to clarify we are advertising consistently because we are very busy having picked up some very large long term Contracts and we are also now in the middle of the Summer Holidays with many men on holiday,and just to counter the next possible comment the positions are not short term because of this.

In response to if you don't know anybody in Management you won't get on ! thats way off the mark and many of the 180 other regular Scaffolders we employ with many years service would probably argue otherwise,it will come as no surprise to many that we expect that the men we employ as Scaffolders are expected to be both Competent,Reliable and can work to outputs that are the Industry norm which forms the basis upon which all Scaffolding Companies price and secure work at.

If a Scaffolder ticks all three boxes he will have a long and well paid career with TRAD,if he doesn't then he wont last a fortnight BUT he will be told so and will be paid exactly what he was told he would be paid at the time he started ! despite what ever nonsense you may hear to the contrary,

Regards TRAD.

Top Bottom