Leaches

i havent seen a burtons spanner for years

i used to love the brit tool one, no rivit, pin or bolt could be seen

Snowden frogs the best,had my double spanner frogs for 20ish years,hard to find new know, got leaches frogs within 6 months rivets popped out.Now held together with cable ties! GOD IM TIGHT WITH MONEY.

I normally use Leaches, tbh.
They are expensive, but ive never had a problem, with any of my frogs or tools.

Only time ive had to buy extras, is for either some crazy idea ive had, or some scum bag has nicked my belt.
(Only happened once, touch wood.)

But i was talking to a Steel Erector the other day and he swears by his Snowden frogs. - Says they are the best hes ever had.

That's as good a price I've seen for a while especially if it's top quality. I think Bill's or Bob's or whatever his name is at the Barra's charges more than that for very ordinary gear.

Let them stretch a bit then rivet 22mm copper pipe into them, last you for years.

I come from an electrician background originally and for the last 6 years my frog had 25mm brass bush. No need to rivet it in either as they hold solid.

12714.jpg

Please please please, don't put that sh it in your frog, the sound drives me mad.:mad:

I just PM Neil at buybrandtools full toolbelt quality Leather, 20 odd quid, if your a member might get discount also. ffs not as if your buying 4 a year or something.
Scaffolding Tool Belt Set 4pc - Tan Leather

Ref: C-SB-SET

Price: £26.99 (Ex VAT)

Scaffolders tool belt set - 4 piece. Hand-made in the UK from thick, premium UK tanned leather. Strong and durable - guaranteed against manufacturing defects or faulty materials. Includes:■Tool belt (2" wide, adjustable up to 44" waist) - (C-SB-LB2)
■Double spanner frog - (C-SB-1133)
■Level holder (open-ended design) - (C-SB-SC2)
■Large tape holder - (C-SB-TA2)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Please please please, don't put that sh it in your frog, the sound drives me mad.:mad:

I love the sound of a 'Makita' in the morning.:embarrest:

Bought a nailspan from leeches, biggest piece of ***** I've ever wasted £50 on. The steel on the handle is that soft, everytime you tap a fitting it leaves great gauges in it. It's been relegated to my spare & coughed up for a titanium one now.

tut tut . Should tap the fittings with end of the spanner not the side ;)

Cheers for the......erm advice ;-) don't think working on a chemical plant has helped. It seemes to have turned my handle to mush, that & getting used to those sodding mills' fittings. :-0

I've always used Leachs and never had any problems Money well spent I'd say

Should start a new thread to see if anyone is actually still using them.;)

In Thirty Years In The Trade Iv Always Used Snowdens Frogs And Bead Pouch, Never Had Any Problems At All, Iv Replaced The Double Spanner Frog Cause The Weight Of My Hammer Splits The Rivet Eventually. But On The Whole No Probs At All A Good Robust Product.

dagenham sunday market can beat it good gear at reasonable prices been going there for years

Top Bottom