lanyarded spanner

Complete and utter madness,how far will all this b******ks go on for. :(

Shrinked wrapped scaffold, on all sites before long if this is the way forward.

As you's have all identified, is it only tools that hit you on the head that hurt. What about a lanyard for every brick, and once it's laid the brickie releases it and transfers it to the next brick to be laid.That would shut the tossers up about their bonus:mad: hate the ***** think they are the dogs dangly bits.

They would have to wait for it to set first. No good if its green!! :laugh:

i'm glad i'm getting of the spanners, there is a lot more to come for scaffolders, i think this is only the beginning:eek:

I have done a quick update to my risk assessment for tomorrow as I am inspecting a temp roof part erected

I believe I need a lanyard for both my pens ball point and marker,then there is the caset recorder ,my glasses and top set of dentures have no firm attachment to me thats another two.That I think is 5 lanyards in total
my mobile phone,loose change and wallet can be left in the car,along with my common sense and years of experience

Philios quote
"we will all be memoirs soon as it will be deemed to dangerous to erect scaffolding at all :( "

Under current legislation it is to dangerous to erect scaffold, do not worry though they will let us continue to do it until a "CHEAPER" solution to access problems comes along.They are trying there best it is cost that controls change in the construction industry not SAFETY.

Talk about over the top. Working on a site scaffolding bungalows all hip roofs had an arguement, as you do , with the Health & Safety officer on site in regards harness. I said it would not work unless 4m etc etc.

He said you might be asked to do a stack, Cut a long story short I said to him do you wear a crash helmet in your car in case the screen comes in!! :toung:

Needless to say he did not want to talk to me again.

Ragscaff

Top Bottom