Jordan Clamp

Alistair

Snap, one is bombarded with so many Recommendations and Addendum to the Regs and Instruments one can hardly keep up.

One can even use a British Board of Trade Double Rolling Hitch ( attached to the inertia reel ) on vertical and horizontal tube, if this is so, then why all the fancy new EXPENSIVE Advanced Guard Rail Systems ect ect :confused: ???.

Gar...

Haha, I thought that was just me that thought like that. Didn't want to show my ignorance too much but I was only a hair's breadth away from ordering either Barracuda or double lanyards now I might get away with a bit of blue rope.:idea:

Alistair

Id go for a nice of hemp or manila 2 fathom length, dog cock splices at both ends ;)---no sh1t you would get away with that...

Trust and Aberdonian eh---canny wi the pennies, many a mickle, makes a muckle...

Any one else got any thoughts on it ...

Gar...

We use these mate Wrappa Anchor (WRAPPA)
My thoughts are the Jordan clamp may be seen as another fitting not an anchor point ??? So the wrappa sling comes with all the gubbins a harness does .

RV

Hi Paul

Thanks for the information on the alternative---sling also comes with certification and a swl, not sure if the Jordan Clamp has a swl dabbed on it ???

I never noticed on the information sheet, but, I would presume the sling would be governed by Rigging and Lifting Regs ??? and be subject to a Formal Inspection every 6 Months as well as before use ???.

Other associated Business

Have you had a chance to view the new Hilti Impact Wrenches ??? as below.

SIW 14-A and SID 14-A

Topscaff kindly drew my attention to them.

Regards

Garry...

Gary

We do still have stock of them, Adam Campbell seems a strange guy, he reported us for selling counterfeit Jordan Clamps, he sent an email to all and sundry, never once checking with us if we sold genuine Jordan Clamps.

I don't have time for numpties who open gob before engaging brain, he even threatened us with alegal action, for selling his priduct!

The last I heard was that the original factory in China went bust, then he had them manufactured by another Chinese firm, as to now I,m not sure. I think Presco will eventually get the rights and start having them manufactured.

Scaffolding Supplies

Thanks for the reply---are the Jordan Clamps Drop Forged or Sprung Steel ???

With regard to Chinese Manufacturers, are you re-furbishing Mills Friction Clamps or have got a Chinese manufacturer ???

Garry...

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Celtic

Im sure the slip test has to be 12 Nm---if that is so, technically the Jordan Clamp would have to be made up with a mark 3 SGB Coupler OR a check fitting under the Jordan Clamp---it's all about SWL on Anchor Points---some Anchor Points stipulate 2.5 Tonnes which = 2 x 6 Nm Slip Test Double Coupler OR 1 x SGB Mark 3 little Giant = 12 Nm Slip Test.

Garry...

we have been using them up till recently, and bought them direct from jordan , just google and they're about £25 each - each scaffolder is was issued two,and was a cheep alternative to staying within the guidance whilst fitting the handrails to the lift , problem now arrising with their use due to overzelous hse inspectors that are now quoting sg4:10 in the earlier :05 there use was stated as tried and tested but i think in :10 it states that we mustn't rely on harness now and the method of erecting must be with advanced guard rail systems,steps,etc and leaving handrails behind as u go- so for ease we have issued the new miller barracuda lanyards more cost effective than keep losing jordans and always attached to the scaffolder- ope this helps

Southern

The Jordan Clamp is included in the SG 4:10 therefore sanctioned by HSE and NASC, good piece of kit for tasks beyond the length of the lanyard...

Although I have never used the Barracuda, however, I am assured that it is an effective piece of kit, indeed Paddy Carr Posted a Thread on the Harness, Lanyard and Barracuda anchoring device...

I try to steer clear of Advanced Guard Rail Systems as far as possible and as for the step-up, well the jury's still out on that one, nevertheless, the step-up is an option, the innovator offered up the basic design with the proviso of addendum's and enhancements to come from the user, if anyone has any ideas how to improve the step-up I am sure the originator will listen...

Garry...

Jordan Clamp and Friction Clamps

Gary

I have attched some photos of the two Jordan Clamps, also the cert of conformity that Jordan Issues.

On the Friction Clamps front we are having them manufactured in UK to original drawings / spec.

The engineering firm we use are ISO:9001 and we use a local lifting company for chains and test certs. This gives us full traceability on each friction clamp we supply.

To give you some idea we have supplied over 600 units in the last six months, customers include Cape UK, Cape Australia, Hertel , BIS Ind and Chevron Nigeria.

Details on website.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Jordan 1 and 2.jpg
    Jordan 1 and 2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Jordan 1 and 2 caps.jpg
    Jordan 1 and 2 caps.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Cert of conf.doc
    46 KB · Views: 26
Jordan clamp

Clamp is still being used ring this number for complete update on clamp status.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Still being used ring 07901118754 for update

test report of Jordan coupler and gin wheel

Hello

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Regarding Jordan clamp, Is there anybody can give me test report, and pls tell me
the max load for test Jordan clamp
Saftety load
Hoisting load
This clamp only used with scaffolder or can hoist other scaffolding gears
What class of BS or EN standard complied to

Thanks
Peter

I expect someone will reply one day peterbird. dnt hold yur breath tho. Missed this thread when it was started, interesting read.

I heard of them on my part 1 11 years ago I've never ever seen one at work in London haven't even heard of them for years and my mate at work from Cumbria mentioned them this week saying up north he's seen them used now this thread turns up!!

Can't believe it

Right mate. amazing whats stored in forum archives. for scaffs to hook on to,dunno if swl would carry the old bobby.lol.

the patent design of the JC is a Scottish fellow by the name of Adam Campbell he named the fitting after his sons name.
This man was and maybe still to this day a money grabbing tight fisted work alcoholic he was a boss for capes until he was finished for allegedly stealing fittings to manufacture his design a little harsh really if there is any truth to this allegation as Adam only ever gave a good days service for them while he was in their employment the jc is a fantastic bit of kit as you can create your anchor point before you get upto your lift well done Adam

Top Bottom