is this safe?

You answer your own question freind, he doing it cheap, but your man is trying to earn wage be easy onh him. why don't you give it go hauling yourself back up.

read the first half of your post and was going to say your right if thats finished hes taking the p!ss but then read the rest of it so fook you you arrogant prick . i hope the lot comes down on you. tree surgeon no wonder your renting at 49 , fook off back to your plants

Could not have put it any better if i tried ... well said allan :cool:

thanks for an insight into a tree surgeons mind, Allans right you are an arrogant pr1ck,
that job isnt finished so why bullsh1t?
lighten up, you asked a question and you got some indifferent answers, did you want us all to feel sorry for you?

try, www,treemolestersforum, com and leave us to enjoy some banter you sad tw@t

Thanks for the insight into a scaffolders mind, and MANY thanks for the ones who took it seriously!

Firstly its the finished job you're looking at. The back and sides are terrible, only the part you have seen faces the road. I came here to get a second opinion only, as I was already sure he'd cut corners, literally. Theres no toe boards or top rails, and we were told that board is staying on the outhouse roof. You've only seen the end, where I had the concern over the board.

As I stated in the orignal post, I'm NOT paying for it, the landlord is and doing the whole job on the cheap. Our place plus next doors whole roof stripepd re-tiled, felt, battens, ridge + pointing all for just £4,000! yeah right. Tiles for our roof alone will cost most of that.

Now I have all the info I need, tommorrow is D-Day as its going to be put right or I'll get our old friends HSE on the case, then see who's laughing.

As for safety is obvious the ones who've made the flippant comments havn't worked at it for long or have been extremely lucky. I'm 49 and been a tree surgeon most of my life. Just hung my hat up this year to take things easy. We dont ever grumble about wearing ppe or harnesses hot or cold, only a fool takes risks. You lives must be cheap or you don't care to provide for wives or kids as any accident where you didnt comply with safety regs usually mean a forfeit of an insurance claim lieu of your sposes or next of kin.

Finally any harness that would kill you in 20 mins cant be much good. Only idiots would work at height alone. Also you're scaffolders i.e. strong lads so how come you would be able to haul yourselves back up to safety?

I been scaffolding nearly as long as you been alive and worked hundreds of feet in the air without any sort of fall protection ( because it wasent needed back then ), if you hang in a harness for more then 20 minutes you are in trouble , never mind the scaffolding if any roofer works on a scaffolding with no handrail then he is a bigger doughnut then the man that put it up so why dont you get of a real mans forum and go talk to the HSE about your issues instead of asking us to criticize another mans work i feel sure you and the HSE man will have much in common.

Never mind working on a scaffold with no handrail,where's the chuffing boards on the corner? It looks like a hip roof so I'd like to see the tile monkey get round it..

whats it got to do with you any way, how much he is paying to have a new roof like you say you only rent the place, he is spending money haveing it done,as for a harness be no good if it would kill you hanging there for 20 mins, go hang from a tree for 20 mins and see how you feel there is no problem with that job when it is finshed and that is not finshed, thick you are 1 of them with ---- all better to do.

read the first half of your post and was going to say your right if thats finished hes taking the p!ss but then read the rest of it so fook you you arrogant prick . i hope the lot comes down on you. tree surgeon no wonder your renting at 49 , fook off back to your plants

Who did he get to walk the long round to the back Allan?:p

Thanks for the insight into a scaffolders mind, and MANY thanks for the ones who took it seriously!

Firstly its the finished job you're looking at. The back and sides are terrible, only the part you have seen faces the road. I came here to get a second opinion only, as I was already sure he'd cut corners, literally. Theres no toe boards or top rails, and we were told that board is staying on the outhouse roof. You've only seen the end, where I had the concern over the board.

As I stated in the orignal post, I'm NOT paying for it, the landlord is and doing the whole job on the cheap. Our place plus next doors whole roof stripepd re-tiled, felt, battens, ridge + pointing all for just £4,000! yeah right. Tiles for our roof alone will cost most of that.

Now I have all the info I need, tommorrow is D-Day as its going to be put right or I'll get our old friends HSE on the case, then see who's laughing.

As for safety is obvious the ones who've made the flippant comments havn't worked at it for long or have been extremely lucky. I'm 49 and been a tree surgeon most of my life. Just hung my hat up this year to take things easy. We dont ever grumble about wearing ppe or harnesses hot or cold, only a fool takes risks. You lives must be cheap or you don't care to provide for wives or kids as any accident where you didnt comply with safety regs usually mean a forfeit of an insurance claim lieu of your sposes or next of kin.

Finally any harness that would kill you in 20 mins cant be much good. Only idiots would work at height alone. Also you're scaffolders i.e. strong lads so how come you would be able to haul yourselves back up to safety?

obviously this man knows alot about harnesses IE the difference between a tree surgeons and a scaffs. Also he'll know about suspension trauma and reflow because he's taken the appropriate courses like we do and yes wils you can die in 20 mins from being suspended

this is from a man that knows nothing 25years experience AND still learning

Last edited:
Hahah, no really!

Funnily enough, its not his safety i'm concerned about, its my wife's, my kids and me.
There's scaffold clamps, whatever they are called left lying on the top boards, without his hat on they would leave a nasty sting it one fell on him, as one nearly has already. Secondly the idea behind a harness re: fall arrest is to do just that, to stop a fall to the ground by limiting it to the length of the harness. I'm yet to see a man fall 15ft plus to the ground, dust himself off then go about his business as if nothing has happened.

I don't mean to be flippant and it will probably be fine in the end, we'll see.
But thanks for your comments

Oh shut it u ponce....

Top Bottom