Is a scafftag a legal requiement on an independant scaffold ???

gonna start a thread on here " the biggest HSE cock" post what they say and a photo of the cock , :laugh::laugh:

The best of it is its no HSE it the clients own safety man think he gonna get ah bit of a roasting aff some some **** lol

Keep a record of this and reply in writing to any of their correspondence scotty, as at the end of the job they may try and knock you for the roofers having to go home:mad:

old saying , " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing " sounds like it was written for this
Bell end

The problem is there are hundreds of these Pricks out there. The Job is hard enough without the two day scaffold inspection course nobs making it even harder. I'd make the Prick pay the Roofers wages for their lost time, He'd soon learn to listen to the Experts then.

Scafftag is not a legal requirement unless you use this system. If you dont use the scafftag system a handover cert is fine, along with your register (F91) and both signed by a competent person...competent is the key word here. Thats your get out clause as long as your kid has a CITB card.

Ask this nutter who is giving you grief for his quals then knock him out....numpty.

Scotty just enjoy your weekend as the Deckhead dosn't know what hes talking about, once you have handed it over to your customer it is their responsibility to carry out the regulation 7 day inspection and record their findings. A SCAFFTAG DOES NOT HAVE TO BE USED, NOR IS IT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
Your brother can safely handover any scaffold that comes under the advanced scaffolder criteria so just about anything then!!!!
I should join your boss and enjoy a round of golf

So would it mean that a 2 day inspection course will make you aware of the load bearing of a fitting or scaffold structure? In that case we no longer have to be citb trained to erect a scaffold just 2 days teaches all you need to know. Half of these hs operatives are uni drop outs who know F**k all. Why not go back to the old days where knowledge is the key to scaffolding. I was told while taking my Part 1 many moons ago that you can hand your own Jobs over to the level you are trained. Does that still stand or has it changed??

I think the only thing he may be able to pull you on is if you're brother erected the job, I'm not familiar with hand over certs but Im sure from a legal standpoint you cannot inspect or handover your own work. This must be done by someone independent of the work. I may be wrong but I'm 99.99% certain this is the case.

What makes me laugh is when we are asked to do the 7 day inspections on our own work , how compromising is that , " no mate someones moved that board and that tube " can you phone our office and get them to send our lads here to put it right @ £30 an hour minimum 4 hours :D

ah said to him so anyone can handover a scaffold thats done a 2 day course yet me or my brother with about 30 years experience between us cant thats no rite.

how can 2 day courses make someone more competent than someone wae 30 years experience he had no answer and wants to spk to ma gaffer lol

ask the people that make the 2 day course avalible:laugh: should be a good answer!!! as for scafftags not being a legal requirement fair enough but on the jobs we do wether it be a station gas plant or any indusrial job even with a hand over f 91 or what there called these days no tag on the job the client wouldnt work as for the 2 day course bandits they grip my s!it:mad:

Didnt know there was a 2 day course. These guys are trying to justify their pay.
The courses make it easy to find a fault with most jobs. From split,notched boards ,wrong base plates,wrong ties on ladders. As for the structure most wouldnt have scooby.
Do what the others say and ask them to show you where its written.

I think Simian amongst others do these 2 day courses for Site Agents and the like so what is the Criteria of the course as I thought it is only supposed to be an appreciation of what a scaffold should look like and not a ticket to make the Holder an expert on Scaffolding.

we get a lot of these people on the jobs we do now!!! we now have to cover the 50m board gap between standards with plastic board strip which is rubbish you end up haveing to nail it anyway!!! and as for standards pokeing through the boarded lift its a no no!!! yeap the scaffolds look neat but come on what ever happened to scaffolding its gone stupid!!!

Not allowed to nail or screw into boards Dico. A decent 2 day inspector should know this.;)

lf you dont nail the plastic board gap!!! you will have a bigger trip hazzard as it warps when boards dry out or it rains all boards change with the weather climate so why dont they do what we used to do put lap boards over gaps if your not stupid you wont trip over it is the 2 day course beter than the 30 years that most scaffolders have done on here lmfao

Top Bottom