impact wrench

Now you see i find it the other way round g.scaff, i use one batt dism cos there's less resistance unlike when your doing them up.

when striking it don't go back in the pouch, constantly running, with labourers removing fittings and tube, therefore doing upto 5 times the fittings as opposed to erecting.

APPART FROM BEING POOFY
has anyone done any real research into HAVS hand arm vibration sybdrome
this to me is a serious concern as with pipefitters,welders and platers having to record the times using VIBRATING Tools and minimising the use to certain times.A scaffolder going at it on price will in my opinion be well past the recommended safe working levels.
Vibration white finger is not something to be taken lightly boys;)

around 15 to 30 mins for 12 to 16 m/s trigger time for measures i guess around 500 bolts at 3 seconds gives around 25 min trigger time so close to control
someone more in touch with the science will I'm sure give a better answer

APPART FROM BEING POOFY
has anyone done any real research into HAVS hand arm vibration sybdrome
this to me is a serious concern as with pipefitters,welders and platers having to record the times using VIBRATING Tools and minimising the use to certain times.A scaffolder going at it on price will in my opinion be well past the recommended safe working levels.
Vibration white finger is not something to be taken lightly boys;)

Believe it or not there is. I looked into it and made up a small 4 page risk assessment to justify my decision to use them. One thing I did learn was, I had to change the way I worked. It was no longer acceptable for one man to go ahead of the squad freeing all the fittings. Different trigger men are required but you may just be able to justify 1 man 2 batteries depending on the machine you are using. The advertised noise level is above what is legally acceptable but if you measure it and monitor it you can usually get away with ear plugs but I do issue ear defender's as well. These things are quite noisy, but by no means the loudest thing on the average site that I visit.

Your right there al, you go on many sites today and the amount of trades you see without ear protection is beyong belief.....however these feckers get away with it and we get the bollocking....why....cos 90% of the time were the first trade anybody sees on site " were the easy target ".

For me Den, information is king. Anyone chinning me for our activities better know what they are on about or they are in for a broadside. ;)

Out of intrest with your findings al, how much vibration is the body suffering during the average day.?.
Surely twatting a hammer on steel system scaffolds produces more vibration ?.

Good points, im also in favour of a return to bombing, all that handballing down takes its toll on the joints.

In my humble opinion, if pulling that daft wee trigger was the most physically demanding part of our job, I wouldn't have needed to visit a chiropractic for the past 2 year's, more like 8 if you include the ones that just bang you back in place and send you straight back out to battle.

Unfortunately, the world's changed and it's as per usual nothing to do with what you do and all to do what you can prove you do. There is a good vibration calculator on the hse website.

But it was just yur elbows back and shoulder that were fecked,nowadd yur ears and fingers.lol

I'll bet ian flemming could have designed a silencer for these.

The reality is, there is nothing wrong with these machines despite their advertised values. Manufacturers err on the side of caution as well. There's more modern machines coming all the time with lower values which will eventually bring these things in from the cold.

read an article Frederick where certain sites have banned these and also read an article on scaffmag in reference to nasc getting involved as there seems to be a significant case of fittings being over torqued an causing damage to the integrity of the fitting I know you can set these IW to the torque value of the fitting but what if someone plays silly f.uckers and over torques them knowing they wont be dismantling the job any views on this lads,scc

That all comes back down to comman sence scc. Most of the lads that use them pal can tell by the noise if its tight enough, and a quick check with the ol twirler when your batt is dying. More often than not a 2 sec burst is often more than enough to acheive optimum tightness.

read an article Frederick where certain sites have banned these and also read an article on scaffmag in reference to nasc getting involved as there seems to be a significant case of fittings being over torqued an causing damage to the integrity of the fitting I know you can set these IW to the torque value of the fitting but what if someone plays silly f.uckers and over torques them knowing they wont be dismantling the job any views on this lads,scc

ya get some fekers wid a swing over trebbeling there fittings ne point defo not putting spanner back on 3 times lol hanging off the doubble dont shift it probbly the reason got big fek off ganglions hanging off me wrist lol

Top Bottom