HSE Banning Ladders.

I heard in TG20:13 you can build whatever scafffold you want now without a design.

There is a clause though that all staircases must be designed. 1 in 6 bays you say? Interesting...

I'm not sure about that mate but I assume most people would use a system stair tower, so no need to reference TG20:13.

I was told that no scaffold will now need a design, with the exception of:-

Hovering buttress's
Flying cantilevers (if sheeted)
Raking tension decks.

Ahh the hovering buttress. I did one on my part 2. I heard they had removed it from the course because people were having all sorts of trouble trying to base it out.
It was probably the hardest thing i have ever done in the game apart from learning how to tie a double tiger knot which takes 5 years to master.

Ahh the hovering buttress. I did one on my part 2. I heard they had removed it from the course because people were having all sorts of trouble trying to base it out.
It was probably the hardest thing i have ever done in the game apart from learning how to tie a double tiger knot which takes 5 years to master.

Yes mate, I had exactly the same problem.

We ended up glueing the baseplates to the underside of the standards in the end!

The old hovering buttress is probably best attempted with a Jedi Master in attendance...

No ladders! what a complete joke. So no more pushing out or shaking the ladder when your mate or lab is negotiating climbing with a bundle of 5's or 8's? Where has the fun gone?

I've just been told by my mole at the HSE that they bare planning a massive blitz on scaffolding firms using ladders from early next year.

Look out lads - the government has approved the HSE issuing £850 on-the-spot fines for anyone using ladders on a scaffold!

I've also heard that Chesney Hawkes is planning a two-bob article on this issue next week.

Its Official Ladders to be scrapped from the scaffolding industry,all the surplus wood,rope, steel,aliminium,carbon types to be distributed to every household in UK,and used when the Trained 3 contact ascend descend window cleaner visits on appointment.
Book em early for a quotation as the price varies in the shires depending on their qualifications and Hot Water availability.

Window Cleaners CV no need to include the English Language its not Necessary as we can all read the signs.

Last edited:
No ladders! what a complete joke. So no more pushing out or shaking the ladder when your mate or lab is negotiating climbing with a bundle of 5's or 8's? Where has the fun gone?

You can still **** down a long:laugh:

No ladders? You'll be telling me you can't work off a two board run with no handrails next.

Maybe we do not need ladders, Who remembers "last one down buys breakfast" never used a ladder to get down a block of flats in record time to save paying for the breakie. And if you were last down and had to pay, you left the cafe first so you could take a crap in a bag of fittings and get it tied off ready to go up. Oh forgot, run like fek after it gets landed.

i suppose there be banning the drink as much as you want in a hour dinner pub run too!!! still its got to be saferwalking up stairs instead of ladders

As of 2014, banning ladders, there was another thread recently about new law pos front lanyard or was it treble handrails??? It's something quite bad it's driving me mad trying to think what it is!! Pls help lol

Real shame it aint Ladder Beams their banning ,
oh wait that would mean our life might get a bit easier :rolleyes:

Its not all doom and gloom as i will buy all your ladders for bangers and mash :blink1: and open up a ladder warehouse!!

hse got so many bans they cant keep up with it all. Be easier to let us know whats not banned

Top Bottom