Hired gear.

Ordered a load of kit, once, the buyers went for the cheepest option, the big lump of scaffold is on its way from the far east.

The 21's, 16's had been ratcheted so tight the tubes were bent. The Board bands were not put on properly and the nails were protruding, which is a right pain in the arse when boarding out 1,000. plus heavy as feck.

The Fittings had all been wound down, the Half laps had to be bashed onto the trannies,wind down the nut to engage the gate, then wrapaway forever and a day. All coated in some sort of Graphite *****, which made you look like Idi Amin after a fortnight in sunny Benidorm ;)

Such is life in the day of a 'Raggy arsed scaff':D

To much substandard kit coming from abroad, who regulates that, easy to punch a BS number on it and then before you know it its in general circulation, same as you dont mix alloy and steel cause of the metal reaction and weakens the alloy, so why are steel fittings still being used with ally beams:weird:

Had brand new 21's with the seam split, a spigot will not even bite on a topper if your hemp cant get a sleeve on, (Gradient of ground) Foriegn tubing is *****, however, lighter:wondering:

Yer whats the opinions on this high yield stuff?

lite wait but bends easily and ends get damaged if bombed

Bombed = Traditional methods of passing down !!!!

Na have seen 3" tube jobs before , old skool stuff aint it

We have never hired gear always bought it as we needed. Just wondering what the pro's:) and con's:sad2: of hiring the gear and what's a decent price e'g per fit and foot of tube etc? Cheers guys
Make sure you don't hire fittings or boards, Hire only tube and keep it all on the same job i.e. don't take it from job to job on your lorry keep it put. Check it off when delivered and if there is something wrong i.e. bent tube etc make the hirer aware asap. Send stillages back as these are charged every week approx 30p each for sitting there doing nothing or worse being used by other trades and getting lost. Go down the ready lock route if you can ,these are a bit more money to hire but you need less fittings, less tube and are quicker to erect.

The key thing is keep good records of what you hired, when, and when it was sent back.

We recently hired 100 x 21' tubes from Generation @£12.50 per week, thought that was very reasonable...

Best Regards..

Give me a list of what you're looking for and what area you're in

I'll get a price to you

THS

Top Bottom