Health and Safety

I have tried everything to get the HSE to spend some time in Blackburn I have even offered to pay for their time BUT they have told me they are re active NOT pro active !!!!! what a joke. We have to wait for a death or serious injury before we get Blackburn flooded with Health and safety officers. We are full of tranny van cowboys and the the quality of scaffolding in and around Blackburn is rubbish. They are charging as little as £ 100 for 5.5m x 3 lifts PATHETIC

No matter what, we will always have competition from the other companies, but the contractor /home owner choose at the end of the day all we can do is price the work to go up at the standards we work too. all too often the people asking for a scaffold only see the pound notes because they don't understand the nature of the work or the problem with short cuts no one can have it all but when local council dont understand what makes a scaffold a danger what chance have we got:eek:

This industry like any other has had so called 'cowboys' in it ever since it started.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Isn't the correct saying "Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred. Strong in arm and thick in head"? All genuine northerners know that.

Thats is correct fred...
As you know it was my signiture on here for a while.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

@ mitchells.

Your right pal.
As long as we do our job correctly and safely then we can hold our head up high. It the cowboys who put shoddy jobs up thats got to live with the aftermath if theres an accident.

I don't think firms in Blackburn know what a brace is, they think because they use animals you don't need one.

How funny!!!! Grow up you flat **** !!!! Do what you Yorkshire lads are good at and find yourself a beautiful sheep bahhhhhhhh

I was going to offer a suggestion or input in some way but I am guessing this is what Riggers talking about.

excellent reply ds

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

they wont do fek all unless someone is injured or killed then they will be all over it like bees to honey with their proactive bellocks you can lodge a formal complaint to your local authority ie a local mp and tell them your concerns about the quality of workmen erecting scaffolding that don't meet the relevant criteria for the companies that are doing it right and employing men pay for an individual health & safety consultant this can be very disheartening carry on doing it right jbs and how hard is it to run a legitimate business when your up against things like this how do they find men to do this it must all be cash in the hand you will come on top mate just bare with it scc

I'm from Blackburn you thick tw@ I work on sheffields powerstation. Come back when you know what your talking about

Top Bottom