harness question.

Just shows you. I have never seen a 13ft board snap when trannied out right, must have been fekin rotten. I have seen them break plenty but only when the span was exceeded.

so whos had the real use of their harness ? anybody needed it ? i had a 13ft board break 3 lifts up on a birdcage , , i was hooked on because that day was an inspection day and H and S were walking about , any other day and i would never have been hooked on , i was very lucky ,

No, not had to rely on my harness and hopefully never will.
Back in the day we never had to wear them and never did.
I have seen a couple of lads fall however, going back over 10 years, 1 off a table top, gable end.

Nowt compared to some of the horror stories I've heard from the old boys that were working late 60's-70's. Impaled on railings and the like

Last edited:
Your harness is the last line of defence if you follow sg4,10 you wont need to use your harness

i follow jb78,33 , i guess im talkin about the old days , when scaffolders were scaffolders ,

my 13ft board was an old board and im pretty sure there was a tranny missing also , i was lucky to be hooked on as its not in my nature as i was in the middle of the scaffold and not even near the edge

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

theres plenty of pussies out there with a belt , ive met plenty with no real head for heights , and others who would be happy to use that step , and never step on a lift that had not been already handrailed , basically a lot of shitbags from the real dangers of scaffolding , guys who should decide to do something else. When im stripping a hanger underneath a helideck im not thinking about sg4 10

We can all bishbashbosh a job up or down but god forbid if we have an accident and were not working to the RAMS (which all state erected/dismantled following sg4,10) not a leg to stand on comes to mind

Top Bottom