glow in the dark level

i have used a "zippo" lighter to finish a job on a winters evening before
:embarrest:

Nothing to be ashamed of mate.

I've used a "clipper" lighter in many a lift shaft. :laugh:

Have never got on with Zippo lighters.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Understand perfectly Vinny, problem is that if the lighting is that bad, operations should stop. Task lighting should be provided by principal contractor. Your managers/supervisors should step in and get this sorted.
Believe me, we have all been here at one time or another over the years.

......Or alternatively you could invent a glow in the dark spirit level. :laugh:

Im working on a few in my shed, should be available for sale soon. Covering a normal stabilla with radium, seems to work ok.
Seems to have a couple of side effects though.

If you dont know what radium is, do a google.

you know what dave maybe those dolphins just want to be left alone

Im working on a few in my shed, should be available for sale soon. Covering a normal stabilla with radium, seems to work ok.
Seems to have a couple of side effects though.

If you dont know what radium is, do a google.

You could call it the 'Marie Curie Tribute Level' :laugh:

why are all the threads leading to sarcasm lately? i think the VIPs need to take a step back and remember what it was like.

why are all the threads leading to sarcasm lately? i think the VIPs need to take a step back and remember what it was like.

One or two of the VIP's seem to think they are a little bit above the other members of this forum.
Sorry to tell you this but
YOU'RE NOT !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
One or two of the VIP's seem to think they are a little bit above the other members of this forum.
Sorry to tell you this but
YOUR NOT !!!!!!!!!

Scaffolders are sarcastic by nature. It comes with the territory.

By the way, it's spelt you're as in 'you are'.

Crickey, whats up with everyone being so touchy lately, are you scaffolders or hairdresseras on here?

Are you sure the glow in the dark level is for work? as gent's that are silly enought to work in the dark are usally the kind of person that would want a glow in the dark level so they could sit it on there floor next to there bed and look at it in the middle of the night as they turn over in their sleep !!
could always buy your self a box of matches !!

Are you sure the glow in the dark level is for work? as gent's that are silly enought to work in the dark are usally the kind of person that would want a glow in the dark level so they could sit it on there floor next to there bed and look at it in the middle of the night as they turn over in their sleep !!
could always buy your self a box of matches !!
What started off as a question and a reasonable enough one has descended into sarcasm. Where is the respect for a fellow scaffolder, Is this not the point of the forum. A simple question was asked re a problem that Vinny D, experienced and one that I have come across many times, Different people have different solutions, thats fair enough. Thats why the question was asked, again is that not the point of the forum. I think you should read the original question and if you have a solution then give it rather than derogate a fellow scaff.

I think most of the answers about "scaffolding in the dark/middle of the night/down a hole/under the bed/lights blow in the toilets" etc were answered, just thought i would add a bit of fun.
beside's who made you refferee ?
Regards.
Max.

I think most of the answers about "scaffolding in the dark/middle of the night/down a hole/under the bed/lights blow in the toilets" etc were answered, just thought i would add a bit of fun.
beside's who made you refferee ?
Regards.
Max.
No one made me a referre Max, nor do I want to be, just suggesting the same respect be shown to a fellow scaff as you would expect yourself. Have a think about it.

If Leaches do the level I can imagine you might need a small mortgage for it and in reality I cant see the coating lasting very long considering how many times its sliding in/out of the frog, getting scratched etc.

If anyone has one please give us a review.

On this subject the casin wouldnt be any good glowing up you would need the actual bubble itself to glow in the dark to see if the job was level in a tight space

Yea your right obviously. Problem is though, from my experience of any chemicals that can re-act to cause the glowing effect they dont last very long. Not unless you want all your hair and teeth to fall out in time.

Top Bottom