Gibbsy's new helper

So are you purely supervising now jay or r u still spanners on.

I lied. :)
Besides i was getting bored of apparently watching everyone else work, then filming the job and saying i did it... apparently. :eek:h:

:D

Well now you have a foot on the bottom rung of the ladder the only way is up
[excuse the pun] ;):D

Thanks mate.
Some friendly blokes up here you know.

I aint paid for a single coffee since getting here, two of the boys washed my car on the weekend and one of the Scaffs here even does my washing.
Spot on. :)

And thats exactly how it should be Jason. As you rise further up the ladder you will find more and more people wanting to attend to your every whim. Historically the Scots have always been willing to scratch the backs of their English masters in exchange for an acre of windswept peat and heather.;)

Good for you for taking the jump- which course did you do in the end ss i know yo u were toying with rhe idea ofvthe sipervisors tckt...if so how did you find the course.

Didnt do the course.

I was actually contacted by the Chairman of Shell, who said he was a massive fan of my videos.

He asked me if i was thee Jason Gibbs??
The Guru??

I said, no, thats Roger Nutkins.
I said i was the Legend.

I told him of a few jobs id been on, how good i was at pretending to graft, while doing pretty much as little work as i could get away with. He was impressed... perfect Supervisor material. :D

I also said i was pretty much better at Scaffolding then any Northener id ever met.
His reply was: "thats not hard".

Offered me the job on the spot.

So now im here. ;)

Now u got the job & its for a big company .you wanna try & push them to put you through as many courses & safety type things as you can...wont do you any harm just more experiance & strings to ur bow as you may never feel the need to return to he spanners or videos again.

Now u got the job & its for a big company .you wanna try & push them to put you through as many courses & safety type things as you can...wont do you any harm just more experiance & strings to ur bow as you may never feel the need to return to he spanners or videos again.

I agree with that one, just joined a big firm,in the yard all morning now got asbestos cert, in the next month or so should have pts,lucas and layher to go with the part 2

Supervising.

3mins at smoke hut most have 5mins 4 breaks a day = 20mins 1 hour and 40 minutes on a seven day week thats on 8 hours not 12 hours if you dont smoke why should the non smokers not pull a deck chair up and have 5 minutes when they want :laugh: being a non smoker now!! get them fookers back to work jason:laugh: you wont get anywhere on capes get that whip out mate been there mate give them the nice guy attitude there just pis! all over you. any bloke that can mentor and get men to work on a job normally get respect from the men and go places if you let the rains slip then they no you havent got the upper hand and there take the pi!! exspecially scaffolders there the worse trade for ignoring rules:laugh:

I make you right.
Im trying to increase job productivity by forcing the Scaffolders to sleep in Cargo Containers actually onsite.

Drop their wages to £4.75 an hour, and increase the hours to 18 hour days.
I could potentially save the Firm tens of £millions...

All i need to do is propose it at the next Management and were there! :cool:

I make you right.
Im trying to increase job productivity by forcing the Scaffolders to sleep in Cargo Containers actually onsite.

I didn't realize Cape paid scaffolders in Scotland more than 4.75 an hour.
The sleeping in containers onsite is a winning idea. Make sure you suggest it as one of your bosses may claim such a stroke of genius as his own.

Another idea i have is movement sensors on each worker. But reversed to emit a high pitched sound when they stop moving.
Increase productivity tenfold.

Oh yeah! :cool:

Another idea i have is movement sensors on each worker. But reversed to emit a high pitched sound when they stop moving.
Increase productivity tenfold.

Oh yeah! :cool:

An old idea that proved to be an expensive white elephant Jason. Certainly not one to be suggested to your new employers.Maybe you could suggest it to your immediate boss who might claim the idea as his own. When he is fired you can step into his shoes.
The idea in question was tried out on a job with around 25,000 workers a few years back. Each worker had a barcode on his hard hat. Laser scanners were set up all over the project at great expense. The idea was that individual workers could be tracked from a central control room. The million dollar experiment was scarapped when other workers were caught moving around the project with sacks full of their workmates hard hats while the owners were asleep elsewhere!

I make you right.

right management!! ive been there as with you and all the others that have been lucky to be at the top unfortunatly with cape theres no loyalties employees come and go your like a number thats there 1 minute and gone the next!!! capes are a bit like weatherspoons theve got the market and yes ive earnte a few bob over the years but!! ive also seen a lot of good management and supervisors go that were at there prime enjoy the time why it last and bang them hours inn coz there come and go as when they started!!! any firm that paye there men advance rate them drop there rate to trainee ante werth a wan!:laugh:

Are you looking for men Jason, i've just done my PTS and doing my part 2 next week and i don't smoke!!

Top Bottom