Generic 4m loading bay design.

Drop me a line guys- we have various generic loading bays- be careful though unless it has been prepared for your company- there will not be any insurance indemnity on it if you have not received it directly from the engineer
We register each job to a particular client to ensure it belongs to them and isn't plagiarised from another contractor

Wouldn't dream of such a thing Mousehouse. Do you have many generic drawings?

Wouldn't dream of such a thing Mousehouse. Do you have many generic drawings?

We do have a small collection- 8 or 6 boards wide x 4 m progressive loading bays ,typical bridges- 4 m and 6 m with various numbers of lifts/ platform widths
It's difficult to try to make one size fits all
I always point out the 'ownership' thing because I have seen some of mine on sites with contractors I have never done work previously for!
It's frustrating- I'm all for information sharing,but unfair on the guys who have invested in the designs initially.
We are proactive with our customers,we like to build up a trust between us to ensure we all work together to produce the most economic ,practical and efficient solution.
Its our kinda mission statement,I suppose you could say!

Hi Gents,
Does anyone have a generic 4m loading bay design they could send me? I've done a tube and fitting one attached to some cuplock with 4 1m bays sway braced inside and out at both ends....ledger braced at either end....and plan braced......but now they want to know that it is safe???? any nelp would be appreciated.
Thanks.

it all depends upon your number of boards deep as well , if its progressive, transoms c/c ,wind loads,certainly ledger braced at either end is not sufficient -it needs to be braced at every line of legs.To comply with HSE you will need a site or a specifically designed loading bay unfortunately as its not the same as the ones in TG20:13.
also using someone elses design will be invalid from a PI point of view.
I would speak to a local engineering /scaffold design company and make sure you are covered and more importantly that the one you are erecting is correct

Wot a load of balocks your just trying to tout ur own generics....thats the whole idea of a generic as long as you erect to the desighn & have the calculation supplied for that desighns loading it doesnt matter its sez in the ledgend ...are you trying to tell me you do a site appraisal b4 issuing each of your own generic- the tg20 loading bay is a generic not site specific & as such is endorsed by the nasc as such- its not for a desighner to say who can use his drawings or where,once they have taken payment they become the property of the client who can use them wherever & as many times as they like.& if they wish to do so with others for free then so be it

Last edited:
Top Bottom