favourite spanner

it depends on the job really dont it . i used to have an aluminium IMN spanner for price work and a nailspan for off shore . i v got to use lyndons own spanner with the lanyard on at the minute . they have moved on a lot since the old boulton ones havent they .

How are you getting on with that Lyndon lanyarded spanner mate?

ksummersgill what a fecking coincidence that is was talking bout spanners for scaffolding , the everyday spanner, ratchet, shifter, open ender , etc etc

ive got a spanner thats open ended one end but a ratchet ring at other end, lads were asking if it snap on as i have a big snap on box full of snap on gear, anyway its not a snap on, but reason im telling you this is because i said to lads "when i get on pc tonight i might google all the spanners snap on make that could be used in scaffolding, then put a fun topic up on forum saying summit like the rolls royce of scaffold tools or summit an post pics or links up to the tools an see if scaffs like snap on as much as grease monkeys do"

then i come on here an see this lol phykik or what :laugh:

anyone wanting to know what the future holds for them just pm me :laugh:

hahahaha wot a coincidence do you know a fella called dave norris? this could also ba a coincidence? lol because about 5mins ago he was tellin me about a bloke he knows cums on here called super scaff, if so its a bloody small world

of course the nozz from spennymoor haha , just checked my fone ive missed a call off him haha lol

philliosmaximus yeah the lottery they gonna draw 6 numbers out and you gonna be 3 quid out of pocket lol :laugh:

nailspan for me but i have just ordered a snap on one today for 54quid direct from snap on, ill share my thoughts on it nxt week after a couple of shifts

I have used Nailspan for years, however, the Toolman that normally travells all over the Northeast selling a nailspan for £20.00 says Leechs has bought them out. Apparently Nailspan were a Doncaster or Darlington firm, just ticking over nicely.

The 'Toolman' contacted Leechs for there 'best price' and they stated "If you buy 3 doz, we will sell you them for £34.00 apiece, he would have to sell them for £40.00 a pop, double what we used to pay.

I used to own a very nice Burton spanner. Its now held in the properties room at Chesterfield police station. Came back from work one sunday afternoon and called into the local for a pint . Two lads decided they didn't like my face and a fight broke out. A burton spanner is a really good tool in a fight. Needless to say I didn't start the fight but I fecking well ended it. In summing up in Derby Crown Court the judge even agreed:D

I used to own a very nice Burton spanner. Its now held in the properties room at Chesterfield police station. Came back from work one sunday afternoon and called into the local for a pint . Two lads decided they didn't like my face and a fight broke out. A burton spanner is a really good tool in a fight. Needless to say I didn't start the fight but I fecking well ended it. In summing up in Derby Crown Court the judge even agreed:D

with being in health and safety ian hope you had the end padded lol.

with being in health and safety ian hope you had the end padded lol.

dico theres a lot more to the story that a few lads that frequent here can explain. Its a lot more in depth than I said but I was the good guy.

Rob or tony do your bit :D

your personality shines through mate hope they got there just deserts,

a burtons spanner with the box removed and bit of string through the hole where the box should be be makes an unbelievable cosh . easily explained away when the police find it in your motor

explain why you have converted a spanner into a weapon , just belt them with the box lol
much prefer a podger for settling arguments

i didnt convert it the box fell off and i realised that if i was getting beat ,which i usually do when im drunk the string will prevent me dropping it . i must stress this was well over ten year ago and i m not in the habit of hitting people with spanners . i do most of my fighting in the ring now and come to think of it i still get beat sober ? maybe i should just give up eh

hahahaha nothing worse then getting a hiding when your sober , at least drunk you dont feel it till the morning

i finally received my snap on spanner..... great spanner, its now replaced my nail span, im putting it through its paces stripping a block of flats .

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

and in my opinion it has the best handle design available.... the end of it is like a baseball bat lol so XxianxX if your ever looking to buy a new spanner/bat for your trips down the boozer this could be the 1 for you hahahaa

Top Bottom