Edge protection pricing

big john

Reaction score
I've got 80 metres of edge protection to price,
I'm guessing that pricing will be half the cost of the normal per metre price?
Front and back is only 3 metres to the roof and the sides at the apex is 6 metres.
Not looking for a price just a hand.
I'm thinking it might be easier just to work it out in time taken to erect .
Cheers
John

At that height you wont go wrong at half your normal rate,providing the opposition are comparable john,dont forget to include the costing of a mewp up and down if applicable,good luck;)

Cheers Bigfish,I'm now in stealth sneaky mode finding out what others charge down here.

I think we are probably around the same GM, closer to 15 than 20 but for me it all depends on how much work is required to fit it, hence time and material usually does it for me as opposed to a straight meter run.

Average about £6 per metre down here,I ended doing it by the metre and time taken in the end.

As long as you made a few quid, don't think we could compete with that though.

Morning Big John,
just an observation, "pro rata" on a price is not always the way to go as some of your costs do not change with the size of the job.
For instance assume:
You have a house front for two weeks 6m x 6m, you have agreed to inspect the job on a weekly basis. your kit will fit on one lorry and you will have to return twice to tag the scaffold. Therefore your transport will be fixed and your inspection visit costs will also be fixed.

If you then assume you are putting just an edge protection on the house next door and say well its around half the cost of an independent and pro rata at 50% this is where you start to loose money as you will still need to send the same lorry and make the same inspections visits only now you are doing so for half the money.

Price should always reflect time+costs+profits

Good luck
Alan

Top Bottom