doubles

same as that ... cant beat an old drop forged double... little giants

got a few of them too --- consigned to racking or using to fix scaffolds to excalibur bolts!!!

Swifty

OH yes :love: the Millzis, divint nead cheques on the workin lif on hangers eh---brill for goal post droppers ana...

what even them old square bolt millsys

Aye, used the 1/2 in fitting ana---used to carry 2 keys, 7/16th & 1/2in---long time since Iv seen a 1/2 fitting or Collar/sleve...

scrap em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMSL, that's exactly what we did with the 1/2 in---down the Elephant and Castle scrap yard then dan the Pub for a cargo :nuts:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

thats why you dont see them no more loloooo

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

sold them to the chinieez and Indian smelters :D

think the only place id find a collar sleeve is in sgb ibrox yard there were a few kicking about still lol,mills a quality fitting what bout the full job with the sgb mk3(bomb)heavy heavy fitting.

has anybody came across the " ****** lip " Double ( sincere apologies for the nick name for the double, but that was the name they gave them---when you were dismantling and unwraped the bolt the Gate used to drop vertical, it was bad enough on a ledger but feckin big shock if they were on a dropper :eek: cant remember who manufactured :embarrest: then,but they were drop forged :wondering:

Sounds like the old big ben double Garry the bolt went into the back of the fitting and was a part of the gate

phil

Ye, they were a Bas when dismantling :mad:

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Celticbhoy

aye, I beleive NEPTUNE Scaffolding have a large stock pile at the bottom of the North Sea :amuse:

phil

Ye, they were a Bas when dismantling :mad:

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Celticbhoy

aye, I beleive NEPTUNE Scaffolding have a large stock pile at the bottom of the North Sea :amuse:

Heard NEPTUNE Scaffolding were taken over by Davy Jones Scaffolding last year.:D

Oh, yes, a buy out, there short on Boards though ;)

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

aye, the Divers used to tell us that the bottom of the Installations were like the Black forest---must be mega tonnes of gear down there eh ?:blink:

Are these the little buggers Garry ?

zt7jgh.jpg

they are good for lorry racks

Should put it on the Antique roadshow Phillo, have'nt seen one in years.

nightmare to use as the head of the bolt sits tight up against the gate and your spanner can slip of easy

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

i got an old Palmers swivel as well which you do up with a podger i will dig it out and post it :)

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

old Palmers swivel

v8lxs0.jpg

1zpi3d5.jpg

nnttzd.jpg

Top Bottom