Do you stay and finish

big fish have you been reading my diary for the next six months. lol.

This depends on what you call working l8 av seen us plumbing up sandards with street lights b4 running lifts in boardfs and finishing lol
a lad we was working wid said when he was supervisor he let the lads go 15-30mins early every day and asked them all to stop back 1 night and there was a big fuss whats in it for us he said thed said he said fine **** off but from not on ya dont leave here till finishing time shoot them selves in the foot and lost there flyers,
we work l8 every day except fridays unless its like half 7 -8 and hers more than an our left in it we leave it but not b4 geting he gear up on to the top lift to bang in in the morning ,and alwaqys stay an finish if less than an ours any time b4 half 7. Got back evry day for the last 2 week were last bak to the yard its locked up and thev gone so they carnt say we dont do our bit lol

Since i have made the move in to the office it surprises me the amount of scaffolders that will leave to come back to the yard at the end of the day without finishing there job with half an hour work to complete the job , for me i would always strive to finish a job if possible especially if its a good distance of travel

paul mate frustrating yes!!!! but if your on a contract were you can bill the client for waiting time and get the next day with men and materials bring it on!! and if its a friday and your men can engineer!!! a saturday or a sunday with extra works everybodys happy. if its a tight budget get the whip out :laugh:

I can remember years ago the boss coming to the job close to knock off time and there was still a bit to do.
He used to put his hand in his pocket and bring out some notes for the pub on the way home. The job always got knocked out.

still do H.S.W.T not all the time i grant you but more than most:blink1:

This depends on what you call working l8 av seen us plumbing up sandards with street lights b4 running lifts in boardfs and finishing lol
a lad we was working wid said when he was supervisor he let the lads go 15-30mins early every day and asked them all to stop back 1 night and there was a big fuss whats in it for us he said thed said he said fine **** off but from not on ya dont leave here till finishing time shoot them selves in the foot and lost there flyers,
we work l8 every day except fridays unless its like half 7 -8 and hers more than an our left in it we leave it but not b4 geting he gear up on to the top lift to bang in in the morning ,and alwaqys stay an finish if less than an ours any time b4 half 7. Got back evry day for the last 2 week were last bak to the yard its locked up and thev gone so they carnt say we dont do our bit lol

Good man, sounds a bit like Aom styley but it can become a grind after a bit. There is more to life than graft, just not much.

as my old muckewr used to say

you cant do too much for a good govner- just a shame its such a hard job findin one

BECOMES A GRIND LOL OUR LASS SAYS AS AM WALKING OUT THE DOOR ON MONDAYS NOW SEE YOU FRIDAY LOL UNBENONSE TO HERE THE WEEKENDS ON THIS WEEK END SO SHELL BE SAYS SEE YOU A WEEK AFRIDAY I DO COME HOME EVERYNIGHT THOW LOL :laugh:

hard 1 to call as said before if its a good gaffer and you get it back well i would always, if i was on price its not up for debate.
if the firm give feck all back and everything you do is a favour feck them and back to the yard it is.;)

BECOMES A GRIND LOL OUR LASS SAYS AS AM WALKING OUT THE DOOR ON MONDAYS NOW SEE YOU FRIDAY LOL UNBENONSE TO HERE THE WEEKENDS ON THIS WEEK END SO SHELL BE SAYS SEE YOU A WEEK AFRIDAY I DO COME HOME EVERYNIGHT THOW LOL :laugh:

We have done that since the turn off the year trying to keep up with all the storm damage but a couple of customers are now complaining of being quiet which in turn means we will more than likely get quiet fairly soon. I have to whisper it but I am looking forward to it.

Hi Paul
Well you finally have gone over to 'The Dark Side'. (hee hee)

You shouldn't be to surprised about them leaving a bit for tomorrow. Just because your attitude was, and is, always spot on (well you had a great role model) don't mean that the rest will have.

Back on shore next Wednesday. How about Skype at the weekend?

Hi Micky, I'm back onshore next week too mate, so must catch up for a beer. My Brother ( Ginge ) is here now too.

Top Bottom