Different types of system scaffolding

Well done Bob, we used to go all around the country for SGB building birdcage scaffolds in Sainsbury's new stores, we could do a whole store in a weekend 5 handed ,all was going well until a plumber using a heat gun set fire to the store and that was the end of polyblock. You could probably do the same with 5 pallets piled on top of each other though or some well placed piles of bricks.

I seem to remember a lot of drinking Dangeruss and the famous poly trolley and skateboard and not forgetting the rebar hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iv'e not heard the imortal words "poly trolley" for about 15 years.

poly block is a name i aint heard for years , we used to do a lot of this for a guy called barry snell for sgb subbying on the south coast , fackin fast but the **** on it when u took it down bwaaaar

Used to do events for SGB and they sent a guy out to show us how use Roll A Road. It comes in rolls of heavy plastic 3mx3m and slots together, the guy told us chieftain tanks can drive over it no bother. The first day we laid about 200m but they did'nt send out the pins to wedge it to the ground, came in the next morning and it was buckled up to fcuk, trucks had driven over it, nightmare to strip it and start again. Was the first and last time.

I worked for a t & f firm 30 years ago that bought loads of Transfix system from Stevenson Carter which consisted of 2m and 3m standards and double ender transoms slotted into the standards then use normal tube ledgers and trannys
It was faster than t & f and very quick for towers

I remember back in the 90's when SGB invested heavily in a Frame & Deck system called "Sprint" SGB took a big party to Czech Republic where it was made and showed this fantastic job that had been done on a domed cathedral and of course how much time saving had been achieved using the system, they didnt however mention the 3 months the Joiners had spent cutting all the plyboard decking in etc!!
We only ever did one job with it in Nottingham as I recall, a big office block for Experian, which went well until it got a bit tricky and you hit splays and reveals etc, then of course its out with the spanners and T&F to sort. I also saw a couple of tower blocks at Leith in Edinburgh (Did part of my Supervisor training at SGB Edinburgh) done it the gear which looked pretty good if Im honest but even me as a green Supervisor questioned the loading on the screw jacks with 25 lifts on them!! :blink:

As I remember it didnt last long...I know they tried to sort of amalgamate it with Cuplok hence "Cuplock Sprint" using the decks and the 3m ledgers etc..but I havent seen any for ages.

Top Bottom