CISRS Supervisors Course

I have a problem i hope you all can help with.
I have been abroad for a long time.
Just back need to do this course & that course.
Been in the game for more than 30 years.
CISRS are willing to give me a Trainee card.
But that is life i suppose.
Anyway i dont want to (at 50) go through all the courses again.
To be told in 5 years there is a new scheme.
My question is:
Do i go for an Inspectors card or a Supervisors card?

you need to do the supervisors course then do the 2 day advanced inspections course and then sit the supervisors touchscreen test to get the inspectors card.

Thanks Phil.

I thought i would go down the Supervision route.
Too old to start training all over again.

Too old at 50? No chance!

Good luck anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

you need to do the supervisors course then do the 2 day advanced inspections course and then sit the supervisors touchscreen test to get the inspectors card.

I'm confused. What the hell is an 'inspectors card'?

your only as old as the woman you feel , yeh what is an inspectors card

All these courses are complete ********.

How can you supervise a trade without first being a 'competent' person of that trade. Personally I think to be a scaffold supervisor you should be an advanced of 5 years experience. To be an inspector, minimum of part 2 with a reasonable amount of experience.

Like already said, too many noobs getting jobs in official position without knowing their arses from their elbows.

All these courses are complete ********.

How can you supervise a trade without first being a 'competent' person of that trade. Personally I think to be a scaffold supervisor you should be an advanced of 5 years experience. To be an inspector, minimum of part 2 with a reasonable amount of experience.

Like already said, too many noobs getting jobs in official position without knowing their arses from their elbows.

So true.

I have a problem i hope you all can help with.
I have been abroad for a long time.
Just back need to do this course & that course.
Been in the game for more than 30 years.
CISRS are willing to give me a Trainee card.
But that is life i suppose.
Anyway i dont want to (at 50) go through all the courses again.
To be told in 5 years there is a new scheme.
My question is:
Do i go for an Inspectors card or a Supervisors card?

Didnt you have one of the old style CITB basic or advanced cards Nicholas?
If so you should still be registered although I heard they had set a time limit on transferring the old cards to the new CISRS system.I have been away from UK for some time so I may be way out of the loop on this one.
Maybe does anyone know if there is a time limit on resitting the safety test in order to renew the CISRS cards or do they last "forever" like CITB said the original ones would?

hi nic,
you were out in brunei same time has me,1989 to 1996,was on ampa 6 alot has well has a lot of other places,were you on suhalei?anyway changed my card to cisrs 5 years ago no problem,also the card is only valid for 5 years,you need to sit test again,but if you have current offshore survival your exempt from sitting safety test.
cheers rob,,
ps hows big phil conroy??

I thought no problem to change old card to CISRS but probably if one of those Trident training cards might be an issue

bit of advice,been scaffolding for 43years supervising for 20,what card do i need for supervising?,cirs or supervisors safety passport,i mainly work blue book jobs

bit of advice,been scaffolding for 43years supervising for 20,what card do i need for supervising?,cirs or supervisors safety passport,i mainly work blue book jobs
You need a CISRS supervisor card, 5 day course costs £760 at Safety and access, piece of P*ss all common sense stuff really. Hope it helps

gold supervisors card pal. 5 day scaffolders supervisors course £800 and supervisor touch screen.

he dosnt need to do the inspectors course supervisor is gold card the course covers inspection of scaffolds as well

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

i was in grange bp in 1978

If your paying for it yourself go for the cheapest option the CCSNG supervisor 1 day add on . The card you get is not as pretty as CISRS supervisor but you will get it for lees than £100 if you already have a safety passport and you will hold a recognised supervisor qualification in health and safety at a level equal to CISRS (supervisor) SSSTS or IOSH Supervising Safety.

If your paying for it yourself go for the cheapest option the CCSNG supervisor 1 day add on . The card you get is not as pretty as CISRS supervisor but you will get it for lees than £100 if you already have a safety passport and you will hold a recognised supervisor qualification in health and safety at a level equal to CISRS (supervisor) SSSTS or IOSH Supervising Safety.

Does the CCSNG carry the same status as the CISRS card ?
I have a IOSH managing safety cert and would like to take the supervisor course but I will be paying for it myself so would like to save a few ££££ if possible.

Could you recommend any suitable centres to take the course,
Thanks in advance

i'm going to book the £100 course,take my chance with that,ive got IOSH,thanks to all for help

Top Bottom