CISRS is it just the UK?

The nvq is a uk qualification however the construction awards alliance who own it have licences in Brunei, phillipines, Qatar Dubai Abu dhabi Oman, daft thing is it is seen as the svq in Scotland. Construction awards alliance is based at Bircham.

with the greatest respect to these nations,and im a man who has worked with a lot of different cultures,races creeds and finds them as hard working and as genuine as us,these nvq's are being handed out like sweeties to nepalese indians etc etc basically the trainers take say 20 generic sets of answers to the nvq and disperse them around the lads.

i have seen this countless times with my own eyes,also may i add on my part 2 course this conversation came up ,the instructor did exactly the same with us on our part 2 for our assessments,its rife throughout training centres in the uk!

this cheapens and corrupts the whole assessed route and shows why the practical hands on side of scaffolding needs to be brought up to the fore!
i find it hard for british blokes to slag other countries off because our assessed routes are the corrupt model everyone copies from,simian please dont ask me to name names as i wont but on my word four senior instructors at one of your centres do this as standard working practise as its quicker and easier to copy and paste!

with the greatest respect to these nations,and im a man who has worked with a lot of different cultures,races creeds and finds them as hard working and as genuine as us,these nvq's are being handed out like sweeties to nepalese indians etc etc basically the trainers take say 20 generic sets of answers to the nvq and disperse them around the lads.

i have seen this countless times with my own eyes,also may i add on my part 2 course this conversation came up ,the instructor did exactly the same with us on our part 2 for our assessments,its rife throughout training centres in the uk!

this cheapens and corrupts the whole assessed route and shows why the practical hands on side of scaffolding needs to be brought up to the fore!
i find it hard for british blokes to slag other countries off because our assessed routes are the corrupt model everyone copies from,simian please dont ask me to name names as i wont but on my word four senior instructors at one of your centres do this as standard working practise as its quicker and easier to copy and paste!

Is this on the nvq

I've learnt more on here than I ever have in a training centre.

no mate,skill solutions did my nvq with me,this is for your part 1 and 2 assessments/writeups whatever you want to call them,its not just your centre that does it its across the board,also happens with nvq's in this country a lot but didnt see it at your training centre with my own eyes

The nvq is a uk qualification however the construction awards alliance who own it have licences in Brunei, phillipines, Qatar Dubai Abu dhabi Oman, daft thing is it is seen as the svq in Scotland. Construction awards alliance is based at Bircham.

I thought there were a lot more than just the Philippines, why is it more an SVQ, what is the difference?

I thought there were a lot more than just the Philippines, why is it more an SVQ, what is the difference?

Scottish vq is exactly the same but they wanted their own identity to draw down EU funding

i would rather work with filipinos than half the ******** yes men that stab there own kind in the back thats in the north sea

As I understand it they take the courses, do the necessary time out on site, do the assessments and gain the NVQ.
I assessed some guys in the ME for NVQ and they all reached the required standard. I asked the question could they now go to UK and go on site and was told NO because they hadnt done the necessary training courses. I think Cape have got round it by being in with the top people.
However its unlikely the British Government would grant work visas for scaffolders from Asian countries.However in Australia Asians have to be paid the same money as an Aussie. Therefore negating any fears of companies flooding the country with cheap labour.
Jonnybe good is correct as Brogans started this with the Lithuanians years ago.

I have worked with all nationalities, and believe me these people cannot do enough for you; they never question your authority, they will do whatever you ask of them, they are the most mannerly people I have ever come across, they never use bad language, never be in a bad mood, always happy, never call you by your first name its always sir this yes sir that, if they are now been giving proper training good on them and the best of luck to them, don’t forget these folk work 12 hours a day for 5 bucks a day some get 10 if lucky..

Perfect description jonnybegood. It was good to see them in Oz earning $180,000 + a year. They know how to work and are very quick learners.
In fact its poor to see still in the ME the salaries are passport based rather than skill based.
They also know how to look after their colleagues at work.

People here in the UK should never be under any illusions they are the best scaffolders as a lot of the ones i have seen would have no problem working in the uk, their attendance and timekeeping is second to none and their thirst for knowledge is great. Many of our instructors have complemented their work and commitment.

Ian

We still have this Empire mentallity in Britain that we are better than everyone else,we are simply not,we are being overtaken by so many other"inferior"countries in every aspect of life,yet theres still this head in the sand mentality that we are always right and at the top of our game,India China,Brazil,Old Eastern Block,southern asian nations are all using the model of democracy but have natural resources and industry to back it up,not only have they overtaken us,we are actually going in reverse,,,,thats why they couldnt let the Banks fail,its the only industry britain can still offer the world,love my country,despise my countries attitude!:mad:

Probably Britain in general GM. Here when starting school at 5 years old ALL MUST learn the national anthem. And be able to write the words perfectly at age 6.
Not sure if the GB primary schools insist on that??

In our primary schools all the children are eating halal meals and learning the koran, we cannot ask them to learn the national anthem as this would be classed as racist to their asian/eastern european class mates

People here in the UK should never be under any illusions they are the best scaffolders as a lot of the ones i have seen would have no problem working in the uk, their attendance and timekeeping is second to none and their thirst for knowledge is great. Many of our instructors have complemented their work and commitment.

Ian

The best scaffolder I ever worked with was a London guy, and then it was a Dutch guy and after that feck me I worked with a German, he out done the cockney and the Dutch lad together .he was a clever f-ucker,after many years the German was still number 1,until I met a guy from Lithuania he got all his training from Brogans,Im sure one day I will meet another person that will out do all 3....

So in my opinion Brits are not the best scaffolders in the world, if given the proper training and advice every nationality person can become a good scaffolder if need be, of course you have to have an interest and asks lots of questions and a little bit of savvy....

So before all the big boys say, well you haven’t worked with me jonnie:D

Top Bottom