CISRS Instructor qualifications

Beaver our industry has been taking away from us a long time now.

hi brandy thanks for getin back. is there someone out there that can bring every scaffolder together ? we can talk for ever aboot what has been done in the past but we need to start thinkin about the future and make sure our rights to become instructors is not taken away from us by non scaffolders becoming instructors. any one else got a view?

Hi lads it looks like uz are all wrong. just been told that the cirsrs managers have done a deel with a scaffolding company in aberdeen to allow a scaffolding salesman who did a part one in glasgow and walked out with a supervisers card to do a part 2 in a system scaffold and he doesnt need to do a nvq but will still be a cisrs instrucotor. how can this be allowed to hapen. the scaffold salesman is called derik littel or something like that. only qualified sacffolders should be scaffold instructor if we let anyone do it then we are doing ourselfs out a job. what do uz think lads ? can we report this to anybody.

We know nothing about this however I will give you a list later of what an instructor should be for cisrs:

No 1 advanced Scaffolder with 5 years experience. I'll check the system stuff though.

just noticed a few spelling mistakes....am blaming the keebored :) hope we can all unite as a strong scaffolders brotherhood and stick together with stoping any divy becoming a scaffold instructor. nite all

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

hi simian if thats your name. thanks for gent back as it is not right that non scaffolders can become scafold instructors whether it is tube n fit or system scaffolding. we need to keep the industry going with qualified advanced scaffolding instructors not some crazy hibrid instructor who has only been a scaffold salseman. how is this allowd to hapen in an industry that is under the health and safety spotlight evry day from the hse. who can we complain to about this.

I done my part1 with this Derek, he was only doing his part1 t & f at the time to get an idea of what t & f was all about.

from what I understand the guy is fully qualified in teaching system and has traveled the world teaching system onshore and offshore and made a fortune from it

though during the course I had to show him how to erect a bit of quickstage so a don't know how good a teacher he'll be haha

thanks str3tchy so what i have been told is right. if he is qualified to teach system scaffolds...who qualified him? cause there is only one way he could be properly qualified and that is throw cisrs so does this mean cisrs gave him his instructors card to do sytem scaffolding then he did a part one ????? how did he get a supervisurs card if he was on your course and who is training him just now ??? if you had to show him quikstage how can he be a worldwide trainer???? sounds like he has been found out. will cisrs back him now???

thanks simian but what do i say? im not good at that kind of stuff. the other post above proves that this guy is in the industry as some kind of worldwide scaffold instructor even tho he is not a cisrs qualified one. if he had to be shown how to do quikstage on his part one then who qualifide him to be a scaffold instructor???? looks like the craks are starting to show.

To be honest a dont know who trained him, I get what your saying about CISRS having to train him but theres alot of old scaffolders out there who have CISRS cards without doing CISRS courses like CITB, ECITB ect

Maybe this guy was trained before CISRS was on the scene

Just email what you have wrote in your post, it says it all.

thanks simian. its just that there are scaffs ofshore that are are thinking of becomin instructors and they are advanced so it is not right that non scaffolders are able to be cisrs instructors and end up trainin the next geniration of scaffolders coz at the end of the day its all about safety. our company safety trainer is going to find out more about the whole cisrs thing as he is worried that he is asked to check a scaffolders card that has been providid by a cowboy instructor. is there a instructor register that companys can look at to make sure theyr not getin ripd of.

Beaver you are back to cisrs, they have the list but I think the data protection act may stop it being released.

Looks that way ...... all a sham scam pavca

Top Bottom