Cecol 1981...

Was on first course at Cecol in 1975. George Mckay was lead instructor
Wages were £4.75 per week. Worked for SGB but left the game in 1979. Don't miss the circus but still remember the Character clowns? It was a great grounding in life.

Welcome to the forum Mikey you looking knock the rust off the old podger mate. The game could do with an injection of old school ethics , the fun has gone out the game the WAH regs 2005 saw to that :sad:

The characters have almost gone replaced by snides , back stabbers , work shy youth and soapy helmet washers !

Its not what you know anymore but who you know , who's riding your misses , who's cock you sucking , who's farther brother uncle cousin is the gaffer on the shutdown, have the smoggies got everyone out the gate because the toasters bust , and how many posts have you got on the http://www.scaffoldersforum.com :D

To all of the above and you know who you are, fook you all
smiley_finger.gif

To the rest of the genuine hard working honest scaffs carrying on the old school ethics to the next generation .

Love and Peace for 2011
352v1.gif

haha, I'm still old school podger, honest.:noworry:

haha, I'm still old school podger, honest.:noworry:

I know you are mate , you took your lads out on the piss when they broke up for Crimbo you don't get more old school than that , I got fookin panto tickets .........oh yes i did !!!!

drinking-smiley-38.gif

fekin panto tickets, shaksmafekinheid.

sc12 in 1977 to 78, just after the war

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

1977 to 78 cecol £5.20 per week, 60p for the tv £2 for the coach home and a few bob for the washing left about 32 to spend in the beano

I used to know a JR in S12, there was actually two of them if my memory serves me right.

Sep 91 to July 92 for me.

Instructor was called George May I think. Gang was S76 or something.

S 53 1985 No12 scaffolding course
Instructor was George May, cracking guy - good scaff- good instructor.
We had to be up at seven in the morning , had to be down the gym by 7.30 to start your compulsory mile run or few lengths of the pool. If you bunked off you were docked a quid out of your "wages".
Wages were £27.50 but i think they deducted about £11 for hire of telly / laundry etc.£16.50 to spend in Kings Lynn on saturday. Three square meals a day , the grub was great.
Good points - almost everything i learnt there is still etched in my brain , met some great lads , oh yea and that girl i used to shag from Dorking down the road.
Bad points - running a mile or swimming at 7.30 in the morning , the wages , the uniform of cheap boots ,army jumper,brutus jeans topped off with a big red helmet , the 12 hour journey home by bus-train-and car only to arrive back when the pub was closed , oh and finding out that every other c**t on campus was shaging that bird from Dorking. PRICELESS !!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Just found the group photo from that year , 27 of us sitting on a seating stand we just erected, i'll try to upload it if anyone from that year wants to see.

i was at bircham 97/98 best time ever...., ron waldren and george mckay was my instructors.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

did some training at NETA in middlesbro with fran michna and he told me george mckay has now passed away

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

was there 97/98 ron waldren and george mkcay was my instructors, recently been to NETA training with fran michna and he told me george has now passed away.....top bloke aswell !!

Ah, cheers MD

Ron was the guy who used to go diving. He bought his stuff in one night so me and another lad could have a go in the pool (pool was gone year after we went due to someone dying I think).
Ron was a good instructor and George was fantastic

George McKay died a couple of years ago. I bumped into him and his wife before his death, when I was living on a campsite in Norfolk. He had sold his house before the recession and moved into a huge caravan on there. No mortgage and money in the bank, my idea of heaven

hi mate cant remember whether it was 77 or 78 I was there archie prickett was one of the instructors and the top man at the college had a fit wife then there was 'woody' who ran the football and basketball team who liked like a cave man

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

£2 for the coach that used to pick us up from the carpark and drop us at liverpool st about 3 days later ha ha

Hi There, I was Cecol in 1981...... S32 if I remember, too many years ago, anyone remmenber Elvis from Cheltnem or the yeti!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

well that would be John, sorted that U torrent as yet :)

Top Bottom