Big Ben 1983

Thanks for posting the video of Big Ben - didn't realise it was so long ago. Was working for UBM at the time and only went there a few times to do some adaptions. Trying to remember who was working there, but only one springs to mind is Les Tuck. Remember the main manager was Peter Bowden, and his supervisors Chris, Kevin Clarke and Peter Smith, but for life of me can't remember the scaffolders.

Nearly 30 years ago now - gawd doesn't time fly :(

Bill Cooper was on at the time, but I think he was running the Natural History Museum Contract

Dale Gourlay was also around, Ricky Neavin, and many other names that I have forgotten.

I remember you Steve, I was a young whipper snapper in the office learning from Ted (the estimator) and I used to follow Kevin Clarke around.

Bill Cooper was on at the time, but I think he was running the Natural History Museum Contract

Dale Gourlay was also around, Ricky Neavin, and many other names that I have forgotten.

I remember you Steve, I was a young whipper snapper in the office learning from Ted (the estimator) and I used to follow Kevin Clarke around.
Hi,
I remember Billy Cooper well, v good scaffolder and remember Dale ... when I moved on from UBM never saw them again but I did bump into Ricky Neaven about three years ago at St Pancras....

.... saw this big lump chatting on phone in canteen and when he turned around he went "christ, just seen steve kearney - and he's fat!!" lol. Had a cup of tea with him and he said the last time he had seen me I'd climbed down the outside of a tower block that was netted on the outside... shaking his head he asked me what I was doing for a living now (cos I was wearing shirt and whathaveyou), and when I said I was a safety officer he wouldn't stop laughing!!

Hope you're keeping well mate : )

Top Bottom