Becoming a Scaffolder

Do yourself a favour mate and think long and hard before getting into this job,I have been in the industry for 25 years and make a decent living, but it is an up hill battle all the time, it "s not what you know but how you know that counts in this job.If i had my time all over again i would have worked harder with my education at school and done something else.......... your choice.

nobody is ever too old to up there learning and development mate. You'll only get out of it what you put in....

Good luck Liam. Nice to hear when a lad likes the trade nothing wrong with the job mate yer it's hard but beats workin in a factory any day of the week.

good luck liam with getting into this trade. like most other fixers out there the job is only as hard as you make it, but i will say take your time and be patient with learning the job as it can be very rewarding. my first day many moons ago my uncle said to me if you wanna be a scaffolder just muck with the other scaffs but if you wanna be a fixer then stay on the ground and watch and learn. i didnt have a tool belt for the first 2 years and now im glad because my uncle spends most of his days labouring for me and we do some really nice work together. good luck mate

every scaff moans about there job . every scaff moans about everything . the only thing my scaffold instructor ever learnt me was scaffolders are worse than women when when it comes to bitching . its a job thats easy to learn if you show willing . you will meet some great people . you can make make great money if your willing to chase it . and theres always work some where . all in all its a decent trade , it could be worse you could end up a brickie .

Cheers for the feed back lads and i have thought for a long time about this and as for taking my time and learning, thats what i do best ive watched everything this past week and the lads have given amazing feedback to the boss whos really impressed with me, My uncle has got me doing a out of hours job with him any money i can make to help my little lad and fiance is great to got alot of things they need :p and of course i am the one who has to provide haha.

Got to say though love the job, love the banter from the lads and all round couldnt ask for it to be better to be honest a normal warehouse job or a shop floor would probably end my self esteem haha.

all the best liam you feel your boots mate dont let em take the wee with your money
your uncle should put you right on that one mate.like you say beats a warehouse or shop
floor job!!!

No thats right Dico, cause thats all we got to look forward to. Trolleys at Tescos or Fries at Mcdonalds:nuts::bigsmile:

Top Bottom