Beams up right way?

The job looks like its as per the drawing, the drawing and calcs must have been done by a designer, I presume the designer is qualified , I was told at scaffold school the designer was always right.
That said I know different designers have different ideas about beams ,Alwyn Richards does a very good course :) . Be good to hear the view of any design engineers on here though

You'll be lucky to get designers to give an open forthright opinion on their competitors schemes. They all seem happy to criticise others work when touting for your business. Although they stop well short of cleaning up their own profession & outing the incompetent companies amidst their ranks.

You know yourself if your erecting a design scaffold , any changes at all you contact the design engineer for approval

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Aye m8 I'm up here just now 2 shifts left
u on rotation,? worked way a guy fay glasgow who was up there a few year ago davy donnley,worked way him at cape, syngenta, am no far fay u am in uddingston pal:blink1:

I think the word is competent in the hse manuals and theres no law saying I have to have a ticket. As I wont be working on site ,nuclear, offshore Ill stick to my leaners.
Im pleased Dico and Animal having been in the game for 20 years plus are now proper scaffs.:laugh::laugh:

Ok I was mistaken with the word competent because when the revised WAH regs come out it will say QUALIFIED.

Ok I'm a designer I've done my HNC and I can use autocad!

Yippppeee our savour!

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

What proves this?

The beams are on the bottom because you cannot hang off live pipelines , the beams above we're punched up to carry a small lifting frame for supporting two propane gas lines ,you cant see them but they are on the right hand side. The structure is a rack supporting crude and gas lines ...

u on rotation,? worked way a guy fay glasgow who was up there a few year ago davy donnley,worked way him at cape, syngenta, am no far fay u am in uddingston pal:blink1:

I know Davy Donnelly , I worked with his bro Jimmy for years

That's another thread completely lets keep this on track or is is this subject too hard to absorb?

I will do my best to understand, but it is very complex, so patience please. :D

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Where the feck did you come up with Wummer :D

I received a text earlier from some reprobate, stating something interesting was afoot.......come to see Blade in action!:laugh:

I know Davy Donnelly , I worked with his bro Jimmy for years
aye davys sound pal,hes way dsl in the gannett the last i heard,av jst finished way them up mossmorran on the shutdown,doin a bit a pin bashing till after newyear then goin off to pastures new :blink1:

I'm not getting £500 for giving the calcs Ian sorry. I forgot AOM is doing BRAVEHEART for Halloween again.

I would say the beams in the picture are definately upside down.... but.. does it really make that much difference to the structural integrity of the job ?? I think not..

Yeah. asked that question earlier,come on you qualified engineers.

They kept quiet on the LinkedIn thread aswell.

On what track cause I can't see any design engineer coming on and giving a view. So unless your going to do the calculations Steve and enlighten us I'm off to wind aom up on the Scottish Independence thread :D

I think I'm doing quite well on that one.:cool:

Top Bottom