Assessed Route Comeback?

yeh never missed work or lost money -- and a few weekends away in nottingham on the slash with ya mates , cant beat it

I did the assessed route level 2 and 3, easy as...but I had the experience to cover it.
There were guys on the part 2 that just should never had been there. Couldnt measure for toffee, read a drawing or basically do anything. Guess what...they all passed though. That way everyone gets their funding, figures look good etc as has already been said.

I personally would like to see some form of assessed route coming back but would have to be different from the old form.

Out the 30 we put through that course , none ever failed ha ha , and some of the candidates were a bit suspect

You need to have have done a part 1 and part 2 to be able to complete the EWPA. So if you have completed parts one and 2 but did not complete the portfolio this is the way to go, If you live and work in the London area, there is still some funding left so you could get it free if not you will have to pay. So you need to contact someone at The National Constrution college and find out whats best for you as far as location and cost.
I am a EWPA assessor at The NCC.

Hi folks im up in Glasgow, i have the old ecitb card but its out of date and not recognised after this year, anyone know any training centres up here that does the assessment route. Any help would be great, iv been scaffolding fot 18 years now and the thought of 4 weeks in a class room mkes me sick lol

The EWPAR is not a an easy route or a fast track alternative to getting a ticket. As It is as has already been mentioned it is an alternative way to get the level 2 NVQ rather than completing a portfolio of on site evidence all the candidates must have completed a part one and two CISRS scaffold course to be eligable and have five years prior site experience . It consists of practical exercises that must be completed within a set time frame. These are a 9 standard birdcage that needs to be completed in 1 1/2 hour and then a two bay independent with a two bay return that has a 1.0M cantilevered extended 1st lift with a throwin onto a purpose built roof rig that has a chimney in the centre that must be encompased with a four board wide roof saddle this entire structure mut be hand railed and completed to the specs given in the drawing and completed in 6 hours the candidate must then erect a truss out with a tower from an upper level in a gang of two in three hours and then must sit down with an assessor and conduct a recoreded profesional disscussion where the candidate is to supply evidence of having knowledge for any unseen unit evidence for VR01 (Site Safety)VR02( Efficiency) VR03( resourses) and give a full discription on all aspects of the legal and recomendations that affect scaffolds for VR247 ( Independent & Birdcage) VR248 (Towers) VR249 (Cantilevers) VR251 ( Pavement and roof scaffolds) The candidate is to discribe such scaffolds that he/she has been involved in building and dismantling & give evidence of understanding and working with VR252 (Fall arrest). This is not for the faint harted or those with limited expirience unless the assessor is writing out 004's for all the units and is not assessing to the required A1 standard.
The new portfolio that is now being used with the National construction college will eliminate any need for a EWPAR in the future for newly registered candidates as it has no requirements for suppluying documented evidence or photgraphs and is only w written staement for each unit that can be provided by the employer if so wished and the emphisis is now on the direct assessments in the part two and the one day final and by the candidate giving a verbal account of an acceptable level of knowledge for the skills and understanding of the above units for the NVQ

Last edited:
Bang on superscaff I came through the ranks with lads who hadnt got a ticket to there name but boy could they throw that scaffold up and i mean proper nice complicated tidy jobs.Have also worked with lads certified up to there ******** and not a patch on the other boys.

Just as an example to back up your point Scafftag, I seem to remember a F1 driver been done for not having a driving license,

Top Bottom