Anybody ever had a really bad fall from the scaffold?

dont worry hes the man he could throw it up still till the knee replacments

Days of 'Bombing' 1980's striking off 1 board, raggy board band, as it was launched, caught my glove, off balance off the scaff headfirst but managed to tangle meself round the lift below:wondering:

1980s I can recall bombing but were gloves for scaffolders in use then??
Seem to remember oily fingers and the girlfriend insisting on scrubbing my nails before bedtime!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

East Berlin Germany 1993, 300 metres of old East German scaffolding collapsed on a cold January morning. I was on it severely damaging my knee. Police were called due to the noise the collapse caused only to find 3 Englishmen lying in the snow amongst a pile of twisted steel and pushbikes that had been chained to the scaffolding!! We were on price work so best days work we ever did!! Knee kept playing up in cold weather so had to move to the Middle East as a pain reliever!!!

I fell 6m from a birdcage in 1999. I was walking along the ledger on the 3rd lift after chaining up some gear and I tripped on my shoelace.
I did a complete 360 degree turn in the air and landed flat on my back onto a concrete slab - smashing the back of my head open.
Got quite a nice mars bar to prove it, but only had a week off work I think.
The ambulance crew that turned up obviously made a big song and dance about it, but I was only in hospital for a couple of hours. My govenor paid me while I was off - bless him - and with a leisurely week off work watching kilroy and getting stoned on my sofa, it wasn't too bad an experience!

during the 90's in the resession i was working for some brickies loading up for them cash in hand at huddersfield . It was a friday and we all liked to be in the pub by 1pm so the information given was knock about we want to be away... It was putog scaffolding built by banner. 3 lifts .. after loading out 9 packs of stone it came to the very last pallet . The folk truck driver placed it onto the loading bay and as he was pulling out i felt the scaffold moving i shouted stop but to late he pulled the lot out of the wall . I went directly down the front of the house from 3 lifts against the stonework which was already built.( massive noise as it went and the stone with me) . I landed on my feet and the stone that landed if you had looked at me you would have thought id would have been placed around my leg causing bruising and a small cut . Within 5 mins there was 2 fire engines and 4 ambulances pulling up on site as the site agent just rang 999 as soon as he heard it.. To the firemens amazement all they saw was me chasing the folk truck driver with a 5 ft tube to which i was swinging for his head... they all cracked up laughing to which i did about 2 weeks later after the bruising calmed down.To the pub i went. To this day i say somebody must have been looking up for me as they knew i loved me friday swill.

Bloody hell Steve I used to work for Banner Scaffolding around that time

Top Bottom