loyal employees and floaters? and im not talking turds.

I reckon it's just an age thing. We all do the industrial gypsy thing as we chase the cash and experience is a bonus when you are starting out. Eventually, reality dawns as you realise how important your own bed can become to you.

I reckon it's just an age thing. We all do the industrial gypsy thing as we chase the cash and experience is a bonus when you are starting out. Eventually, reality dawns as you realise how important your own bed can become to you.

Your a wise man AOM, the draw of your own bed, wife and children's means a lot. On price I have made what I would call a decent wage, in excess of a grand a week, but nothing compares to spending time at home with your wife and seeing your kids grow up.

When they can stand on their own two feet may be I will chase the money like I used to when I was in my twentys!

My thoughts entirely tomp. Im waiting for my boy to get a bit older then i want to go off shore or even abroad.
But giving my kids a kiss and cuddle every night and having a good shiit on my throne is more desirable at the mo.. will be strange next week as im in london for two weeks. Boo hoo

I did a around a few days in London for around 11 months.

I was brought up with my dad working 7 days a week and doing 12 hours plus a day to make ends meet. I never got to play football or anything with may dad before he died and I swore it would never be like that for my family.

One week I put my kids to bed on Sunday night and didn't see them till the following Saturday morning as they where in bed when I got one on Friday night, my 4 month old little girl just looked at me when I went to get her out of the cot cos she didn't know who I was. She knew grandad more than me, that was heart breaking.

If I could make an exceptional living for my family, nice house, lots of hols to spend time together then it may have been worth it. I had a good job which hopefully had a good career ahead, I had to make a decision to see my family more or carry on as I was. I took the decision to see my family and not the career, money isn't everything but seeing my wife and children is, I mean my brother died at 33 and my dad died at 69 both from the same thing. I don't want to be in a position where my kids say I didn't get time to play with daddy. Time and love is worth thousands to young children.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I did a around a few days in London for around 11 months.

I was brought up with my dad working 7 days a week and doing 12 hours plus a day to make ends meet. I never got to play football or anything with may dad before he died and I swore it would never be like that for my family.

One week I put my kids to bed on Sunday night and didn't see them till the following Saturday morning as they where in bed when I got one on Friday night, my 4 month old little girl just looked at me when I went to get her out of the cot cos she didn't know who I was. She knew grandad more than me, that was heart breaking.

If I could make an exceptional living for my family, nice house, lots of hols to spend time together then it may have been worth it. I had a good job which hopefully had a good career ahead, I had to make a decision to see my family more or carry on as I was. I took the decision to see my family and not the career, money isn't everything but seeing my wife and children is, I mean my brother died at 33 and my dad died at 69 both from the same thing. I don't want to be in a position where my kids say I didn't get time to play with daddy. Time and love is worth thousands to young children.

I understand with you tomp. I used to live in todmorden and travel to b'ham every week. I would see the kids first thing monday morn as they wanted me to give them a kiss and cuddle before i left and that would be it till late friday night.. i know where your coming from about the kids not recognising you as i had that look a couple of times..
Sorry for your loss of your brother and dad mate...

Agreed Tom, some people learn that lesson a bit late, I was a bit more fortunate than some.

1 thing i regret is working away when the kids were young, is missing their first steps and words. That broke my heart mate..video calls are good but there not the real deal, abd i promised myself i would never do it again.. im just speaking from the heart mate but sometimes you have to do whats right for yourself and your family...

Yeah this a good thread master bawden glad things working out for ya at last

I myself have choped and changed for years and years, started at sgb in kings cross 10 yrs ago loved it there had the right attitude but then developed the knack for going out on it every night unfortunatly reputation has stuck with me, yep worked for most of the big firms some good but most of em crap I'm now at a very good firm prob the most secure job I've had since sgb good money and there's quite a good variety on here too ( different sectors) but still not as thrilled as I should be...... Been lucky to work on some very good prestige jobs too but thinking more and more about a break from the game, then hopefully get the enthusiasium back the only prob is what else is there to do that pays the same £££???

Yeah this a good thread master bawden glad things working out for ya at last

I myself have choped and changed for years and years, started at sgb in kings cross 10 yrs ago loved it there had the right attitude but then developed the knack for going out on it every night unfortunatly reputation has stuck with me, yep worked for most of the big firms some good but most of em crap I'm now at a very good firm prob the most secure job I've had since sgb good money and there's quite a good variety on here too ( different sectors) but still not as thrilled as I should be...... Been lucky to work on some very good prestige jobs too but thinking more and more about a break from the game, then hopefully get the enthusiasium back the only prob is what else is there to do that pays the same £££???

tescos night shift ;)

Tell you what it must be hard working away for you lads with kids.

Really dont know how lads work on blue book sites with only one weekend off a month

Tell you what it must be hard working away for you lads with kids.

Really dont know how lads work on blue book sites with only one weekend off a month

Yeah if I had kids I couldn't do it huge fairplay to the boys that do it

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Youve ad enuff,best you be the driver Bobby

Joking aint ya fred??????

U ever been behind the wheel of one of the " boris bikes" :laugh:

Top Bottom