loyal employees and floaters? and im not talking turds.

Joe bawden

Reaction score
after being in the game for abit i have noticed some thing in this game, you have your floatersnas in, boys who do the rounds on the firms, and you have your bods who, which quote does genuinely make me sick " i been scaffolding since i was at school" who stay with a firm for double figures. i only as as i have never been in this kind of game before where every one gos every where and its acceptable. anyway i only say this as ive been on a few trying to find my feet and i think i have fnnally managed to settle down. any one else had this problem due to problems with certain firms to find one where face fits etc

A guy who started with me is still on the same firm after more than 30 years. It either says the firm is a great one or else he was happy with his money, conditions etc.. I personally believe that variety is the spice of life and that if this industry is the one you choose then you might as well experience every single facet of the game.

spot on hswt lthats my thoughts. as in, street firms for standard house bashers. rail firms for bridges and hangers then new builds for loading bays gables. i love it all. but i am a kean as fooook scaffwah but yeah the answer i was looking for

Good thread joe...
Got to admit i've been around a few firms in my years but im finally settled myself.. been here nearly 4 years and enjoyed it all, could be down to we do almost all type of work...hangers, bridges, temp roofs and industrial work for heinaken and glaxco smith clein ( lucozade at monmouth ). All the lads pull there weight which is a first on any firm these days..

i tottally agree. the fat as **** chain dodgers. or the boys who slip and crumble on the rope. ive even left a firm because the guy had his son on there. absolutly useless part two who dont fix coz he cant who fAiled and had to resit his final question paper. he used to dodge the chain, run when thenropes out. avoid everything and i couldnt put up with it useless ****. no names mentioned tyler

from what ive exsperienced over the years joe you normally go in a full circle and start with who you started with in the first place if that makes sence lol!!!

from what ive exsperienced over the years joe you normally go in a full circle and start with who you started with in the first place if that makes sence lol!!!

fek that line of thinking that means ad end up back at patons hahahahah nar crnt see your logic in that lol

Out of interest wot makes u wanna jump ship 1st

Shiiit money
Shiit work
**** governers
Shiiit working buddies

Or is it just a case of wanting to spread ur wings & gain more experiance

For me sp, it was gain better experience else where, learn different aspects of scaffolding and different ways.

2nd that scaffy. i like night work so when i get a chance i grab it i just go through stages

**** work! Always been a street scaffolder and can't stomach site work!

@ the start of my career like most guys i used to chase the xtra few quid on the day rate & so @ the same time with it realising it gained more experiance on the differnt companies i worked for...but i was allways searching for a company that treated me like i thought i should be - instead of using & abusing...but the guys that i worked with were just as important to be able to av the crack with & get a good working relationship with.

Top Bottom