After TUPE employer is removing tea break, is this possible ? HELP !

Marra, you just go up in my estimation with every passing rant. Really well said and the best of luck to you and your's.

Marra, you just go up in my estimation with every passing rant. Really well said and the best of luck to you and your's.

cheers marra by going up i hope you mean my hourly rate and lenght of time for bait when am on this bussmans ahahahah :cool:

cheers for that marra i will be doing so but not in this county will be in lancashier or in the smoke late jan feb and as late as march just when all the paper work comes threw for our lasses job there
Count ya blessings Marra and just keep going. In my experience if you are willing to graft you will get a break...

After a TUPE agreement was set last year the new company has notified us that they wish to remove our morning tea break and place it at the start of our working day.

Originally we started at 7:45am had our 15min break at 10:00am and then dinner at 1-1:30.

Our new employer has stated that from January that our morning break will be from 7:45am till 8:00am then we will work from then till 12:30.

Can this be done after 10 weeks of the TUPE agreement in fact can it be done at all, as having 15m before you even start work surely cannot be called a break.

Any help would be great. I personally think they are insane.

Thanks
you have to have a break in any 4 hour period with those times 8-12:30 you dont

We change firms under TUPE last year and they cant change anythink without consultation and then its at least 12 weeks notice. All there doin is taking your break away and making sure your on the job at eight. did you get your aggrement from your new emlpoyer as its states most of it in there.

Get the union in
tea breaks are hard fought privlidges and once gone very hard to get back.
The cants wont be happy till we have a return to the victorian ages when labour rights were non existant

well its all great saying I do this I do that you get it easy we get it hard which ever boat you fit into, it all depends on the site you are on and how you prefer to work.

Personally I'd love to be given the jobs for the day get them up and bugger off but thats pretty much street work these days, it's seriously rare to get job and knocks on sites these days.

power stations used to be good as you could get deals on absorbers, boilers and large jobs but as time passes each year these deals get worse and worse and are just not worth the effort.

going in at 6 pm matting out an absorber in drax for 6 hrs none stop and getting your 12hrs night shift pay plus a few on top have long gone, completely knackering and used to keep me trim but why put in all that effort when you are going to get the same amount of pay that someone that isnt bothered and just plods along everyday.

No cash no Dash.

your either smashing it up and getting home early and get your shift paid or your on a site that is 8hrs and your there 8hrs irrelevant of how much you do.

Anyway back on topic, there has been no response that helps the situation that was first posted.

The post from andy mac stated it wasnt on
as i stated get the union in if you are in one if not then hell mend you
i agree ther was a load of shiit posted which had nothing to do with it,and i do undersatand the industrial sector its were i mainly work as well as offshore.
Read your contract and tranfer of contract details

Done Sir, Done. looking through what us scaff's have pulled from the net there does not seem to be a lot we can do. All we can do is stand together and fight there actions, however it is one of those sites that has it's lifer's that will not stand together. We will do what we have to and call the health and safety card as our employer has stated there up most importance is safety.

go for it brother play them at their own game
no job is that important it cant be done safely and all that ********
but watch yourself there are too amny shout the shiiit when theres no one around but come the meeting with the gaffer you are there yourself

first off you have no idea of my situation, no it dosent make me a greta scaffolder what make me that way is the way i am nothing to do wityh working long hours, but still wouldn't say am great at all, as for spinles the amount of times av had it out with the gaffers alone while the lads have stood back about hours working us till 29 mins past the hour and then saying that it lads gettint that 10-14 mins out of us every night and get shot down by the gaffer and the lads you wouldnt have a clue. there response is if you dont like it you know what you can do .... what do you say to that when every oppertunity you have tried to get has been slapped back in you face coz you have 3 older bros that have fekd it right up for you, took me 3 years to get on for this frim after them having my bros work for them got finished from 1 job coz 1 of my brothers had a barny with a gaffer and 2 days later i have my notice. was unemployed for 9 month worst days of my life left our lass as we couldnt afford anything school trips for larl fella litrally on our arses and i wasnt take form him or her no more so walked man you have any idea how hard that was marra do you fek so to tell a gaffer to fek it and ened up in that situation again ad rather kill. who says am bragging two break in an 8 hour shift? arnt you are only entitled to 15 mins per 4 hours worked for in an 8 and half our shift you only intitled to 30 mins ,
you lot have it so easy marra that all am saying am living week to week fek me am on first name terms with wonga.com ffs so dont even thing about judging me you not im my shoes nor could you feking fill the feckers marra,

rant over so left not go there
Think I managed to decipher about 30 percent of that,,,,get back to me when you've finished your last Janet and John book ....make that man a moderator I say,,,oops,, he already is !!!! Looking forward to my compulsory banning order !!!

think i managed to decipher about 30 percent of that,,,,get back to me when you've finished your last janet and john book ....make that man a moderator i say,,,oops,, he already is !!!! Looking forward to my compulsory banning order !!!

moderator for the amount of contributions to the forum the amount of thanks may also have something to do with it, not the fact i have bad spelling. Janet and john hey lets count the laughs .............. .............. ...............

Just for piece of mind i wont be banning you i can take a bit of critisizum ;)

Last edited:
When I twirled a spanner I never really got set breaks as such. I guess that's what makes every company unique. We always had a roll from the van when leaving the yard, drove wherever and got stuck in. We always stopped for a bite and a cuppa, but it could be ten minutes or an hour (the joys of street stuff). It was always a case of the sooner we are done the sooner were home.

Also my c/h was always moaning that we done f*ckall whilst he drove to the jobs always......

i always thought you couldnt work anymore than 4 hours without a break.Times change and with all the cheap labour going about companies can mostly do what they like as they know there will be someone waiting to fill a vacant position. Unions are no longer as strong as they once were so mostly agree to company policy to keep themselves on easy street.
You are right about the unions mate, they cant do nowt for you now just take your money every month, waste of money if you ask me. in 35 years in the game they havnt helped me at all. ps they changed the time you can go between breaks to 5 hrs in 2009

Top Bottom