Part 2 Portfolio

bazbowski

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have recently completed part 2 tube and fitting course. Instructors were changing daily due to sickness, None of which actually went over how to go about filling in the portfolio.

To complicate matters got paid off start of Jan due to lack of work. so been doing bits and pieces here and there .

So I am struggling a bit as to how to go about filling in said portfolio.

So in a long winded way I am asking if anyone has any advice or pointers they are able to give me to get me started in order to complete Portfolio

Kind Regards

Baz

Its fairly straight forward mate i presume you have the new portfolio which is to be done like a "diary" , basically write a description for each job in the portfolio describing how you built it, go in to a bit detail about sg4 and using scaff step and harness an what not dimensions of job, brace, ties. Get a supervisor or scaff u worked with to sign it off that they happy your compotent in your job

Hi Jamie, Thanks for the advice and thanks for taking the time to reply.
regards
Baz

Hi Baz, did you get your portfolio complete or was there something specific holding you back.

hello mate was you given a skills datebase name and password if so pm me and will help you along scc.

Hi imk. It was pretty much just the wording of description and what terminology they are looking for, of building cantilever, pavement scaffold and roof scaffold
kind regards

As per clients design.scc

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

sorry mate didn't read the thread through cantilever is as per clients design roof saddle is
WAH,regs using advanced handrail setting timbers out on the roof at right angles for light purpose only0.75k/n

Hi imk. It was pretty much just the wording of description and what terminology they are looking for, of building cantilever, pavement scaffold and roof scaffold
kind regards

Don't over think it. For the cantilever, just describe how you sent out the needles, boarded it from behind the handrails before hooking on and going out to undersling your bridle tube and installing your pickups. Don't forget to tell them about the check fittings and where they went. A single paragraph should do each job.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Remember a roof saddle is 1.5Kn at 2m centres.

Don't over think it. For the cantilever, just describe how you sent out the needles, boarded it from behind the handrails before hooking on and going out to undersling your bridle tube and installing your pickups. Don't forget to tell them about the check fittings and where they went. A single paragraph should do each job.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Remember a roof saddle is 1.5Kn at 2m centres.

Hi Imk, think I am slightly over thinking things. Thanks very much for for advice and taking time toi reply

You are very welcome. A common mistake, just break it down to smaller sections and do 1 bit at a time.

Top Bottom