Part 2 Course

monojfk

Reaction score
Hi Lads , wee question , I attended the college in May and completed my part1 , I then headed off and found employment with a scaffolding company as a part1 , The problem being in Scotland T&F is rarely used as most of my fellow Scots would testify too, Unless of course it is shipyards or power stations etc , I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place as 90% of the work i have carried out has been Quickstage with a bit of cuplock thrown in! . Question is in order for me to progress and move into power stations etc i need to have my part 2 , How difficult is the course considering i haven't done much T&F bar the odd roof saddle coming off the Quickstage ?
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi Lads , wee question , I attended the college in May and completed my part1 , I then headed off and found employment with a scaffolding company as a part1 , The problem being in Scotland T&F is rarely used as most of my fellow Scots would testify too, Unless of course it is shipyards or power stations etc , I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place as 90% of the work i have carried out has been Quickstage with a bit of cuplock thrown in! . Question is in order for me to progress and move into power stations etc i need to have my part 2 , How difficult is the course considering i haven't done much T&F bar the odd roof saddle coming off the Quickstage ?
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You are shown how to put the scaffolds up on your course! Only problem is you need to provide pictures/drawings for portfolio mate!!

Dont worry about ur lack of knowledge wiv t&f.
on the couse you'll be workng within a gang & everyone else there will prob have a good working knowledge of it. Anyway all jobs are discussed & worked from drawing so you shouldnt really have too much trouble tbh....ive never known anybody fail it, thats put it that way...once u got ur ticket just be honest with any future employer, it just maybe effect ur rate untill you reach a standard required by most t&f firms...good luck

Just be open and honest say your going to be straight up with u I hardly touch t&f don't be afraid to ask questions if your not sure and you will always get a hand if your not sure that's what the course is for mate to learn I no quick stage ain't the same but same sort of principle you'll be fine good luck

Top Bottom