Part 1 no experience!

Right Woodsie, no one fails,otherwise classes would be empty. you pay a grand knowing you pass at the end of it. Would companies put you on a course if theres a big chance you could fail. No No No. Health and saftey want to have a look,churning out novices by the dozen, into a high risk game.

Not necessarily true as people have failed at the centre I'm at, I just hope I'm on that list lol

Said before,go for it Wass1, at least you want to be in it and paying for it yourself. Good luck pal.

Day 1 of building scaffold not as easy as I thought but still not too bad

Day 1 of building scaffold not as easy as I thought but still not too bad

Ha!
I knew you'd say that!

To the untrained eye all us Scaffolders are nothing but mindless simple bullies... but this job and some of the work we do is and can be very intricate and complicated.

You wont stop learning Wass mate.
I aint been doing it that long: coming up for 14 years in June, long enough i suppose, but not as long as some here and i still learn new stuff each day - as we all do. :)

The thing that takes some getting used to is the order in which to fit the scaffold, it will all come with experience I hope lol

Well Done Wass, Listen To Your Instructor, (Not Your Classmates) And If In Any Doubt Whatsoever Ask And Keep Asking Questions, Like I Say Since 1978 And Still Learning.

The thing that takes some getting used to is the order in which to fit the scaffold, it will all come with experience I hope lol

Start from the bottom and work your way up. :D:cool:
As long as you base the job out correctly and all your measurements are good you cant really f.uck it up from there.

Well you can, but not if your have sensible, lol.

For basing out all you need to know is your 9x table, you know like 9, 18, 27, 36, 45 and so on - as thats the width of a board, in inches and NEVER EVER leave a tube on 1 fitting, especially a Standard. Ive seen a Part 1 lose a 16ft Standard due to leaving it on 1 Double and walking off to get some more fittings, lol.

Didnt half make a bang, when it crashed over, lol.

Being at college is like learning how to drive, once you have passed then you really start to learn. You probably wont be building scaffolds the way you do on the street as you are at college. Just like the way you dont drive on the road compared to when your on a driving test.

You usually pick up many different ways as you go from company to company, so just take whats good and use it.

good luck with finding a job mate some ppl will try and talk u out of it but if u want it then go for it your learn more wrking side by side a scaffolder but u will be lucky if u get that good luck

I would like to make it clear I have laboured on and off for scaffolders over the last nine years whilst on rail track, I was under the impression you had to be on the tools for 6 months before attending your part 1

I would like to make it clear I have laboured on and off for scaffolders over the last nine years whilst on rail track, I was under the impression you had to be on the tools for 6 months before attending your part 1

They do say that you need 6 months experience before doing your part 1 but the reality is if you cought up £1000 you can do it tomorrow, 100% guaranteed pass.
Money talks

If anybody knows of any jobs going if you can let me know. Cheers

well done wass

hope you do well

this game is hard, bloody hard in these current times.

my only advise is never tell a scaff he's done it wrong(unless your certain he has) it may just be a different way that you havent seen.

i was told when dismantling my first job (6x6 timber rack) if it falls over you done it wrong
still 16yrs on im still here.
hope you get a start

I'd prefer a job at home with optional weekends but beggars can't be choosers lol. Yes mate il have any number, I've been working away for the last 3 year so it's nothing new to me. I'm near Barnsley matey

Top Bottom