NEW Scaffolders Tools and Workwear Kits

Hi,
Has anyone tried the Stabila 360 scaffolders level? developed by a scaff (me) for the scaffs.

I went over to Stabila in Germany and worked with them to develop a level that could set the ladder exactly at 75 degrees - the cantilever pick up at no more than 35 degrees - set the pitch of a roof (No more string or ski slopes) - set the line for offset bridge pillars or rig flares - ramps - tube and fitt stair rails etc etc you get the message.

Stabila milled the base so it sits smack on the top/side of the tube first time so you get an accurate reading line first time every time. They inserted the pure earth magnets which grip 5 times stronger than the norm.

Stabila were not too keen to help me until I said I was going to take the idea to a competitor THEN my phone started ringing. I also told them that the level was ideal for fitters in the Oil and gas industry and this seemed to do the trick as the model is sold to the black trades as well.

You can buy the levels for about £34 in the uk now but they will last longer as you do not drop it. (I used it myself for two years when I went back on the tools and never dropped it once. The extra vial gives you something to grab out the frog as well although it takes a minute to break in the frog.

Not pitching for sales here - I just solved a problem I had on my site - steep/shallow ladders and cantilevers that were out of spek.

Stabila gave me 50 of the new levels for my efforts, I only have two left as I gave them all away. Once Stabila were on board they were excellent, just a pity I was pre-business and green on product development at the time or I could have made a few bob.

j

See them here.
Stabila Rare Earth Magnet 3 Vial Scaffolders Level 10"

Looks OK I suppose TW but for the life of me I can't think of a single scaffolder who would need to stick a level on a ladder to set it at the right angle. I can however think of a few who would maybe benefit from getting it to sit flush on top of the tube first time every time. I know it's a basic operation but I wish I had a pound for every tranny I have seen hanging like a dogs dinner leveled by a bead lying on the angle.:(

Pity you didn't make any cash from the deal, have you any other ideas, PM me.:amuse:

B0llax

If you invented that with Stabila i will show my arse in Primani's window,that level was developed for the Steel fixing Industry,if we live in a World that you need a Angle setter to put up a Ladder im going to Inject 1 kilo of Smack direct into my Eyeball and exit this planet with a Pink Fluffy Elephant with Marmite Soldiers for Toes,fuckin sales Bullshitters:mad:

Stand up straight - stiles of the ladder in the instep of your feet -put your arms out level in front of you and grab the sides of the ladder and you have the correct angle (Unless you are a gorilla). "Easy" however some scaffs couldnt care less like the tranny levellers you mention and others have "eyes like stinking haddies" not their faulty just the way the eyesight is.

In the days when I developed the level. It was not uncommon to see an external 8m ladder footed on top of a 2m tower. 10m fall = RIDDOR reportable incident = HSE visit finds Steep/shallow ladder and my ass was grass.

If I had any levels left I would have given you one, need to try it out - you will not go back. You have to throw it away to drop it.

joebag
Show us all yer ar*s:
The steelfixers level you refer to has a fixed 45 degree vial mostly sold in the USA - I asked them to put a 360 degree vial in place of the USA 45 not just for the ladders but for all out angles including the 35 degree pick up which is marked on the dial. One of the reasons everyone from a RAT to a lagger thinks scaffs are thick is we guess everything not measure it like other engineers.

The milled base was just a passing comment in a conversation but it was applied and sits on the tube perfect with yer eyes shut or even full of coke. - The earth magnets are 5 times stronger than your rubber level and were already being added by Stabila at the time and everything just fell together to produce a fecking good product. I spoke to one of the UK tool suppliers about another product recently (They advertise on this site) and asked how the 360 was selling, they told me about 2 out of 10 enquiries and growing.

Powder yer eyes:
If a user falls from a ladder and the angle is not correct you could be partially liable depending how far away you are from the recommended 75degree. Example: (This happened on our site) - Sparky climbs ladder with one hand and toolbag and slips off the rung. He is on the ground winded his mate picks up the tool bag and slings it. The ladder is steep Q. who gets some or all of the blame in the investigation A. WE DO if you placed the ladder to steep or shallow. It is the same if you put a sole board under the ladder on a grating and the user comes off the rung and does his ankle in - he slings the item he was carrying up the ladder and you get busted for the foot trap he never even stepped on. Yes this happened too on our sites. Keep in mind in the days when I developed the level not uncommon to see external 8m ladders off 2m platforms in oil and gas.

Climb on board yer fluffy Dumbo and hold on tight: If you fall off it is the sudden stop at the end that hurts:

Stabila is based in Anweiller near Stuttgart the name of the sales director was Gabriell Callabis the designer I worked with was called Franz Dreisbach. The wording in product description (in the websites) "developed by a scaffolder for scaffolders" was written by me because the first wording they had was not too good. I also carried out a survey of pipefitters etc to see if they would use it hence this wording as well.

One marking on the level dial is calculated from the horizontal and the other the verticle. I could not get them to understand this due to language issues so I had to go over and explain the point or i could have done everything from the UK.

No sales pitch
No affiliation with any of the sellers in the uk or abroad
No benefit to me whatsoever
No royalty return

I was on another contract then or I would have copied you one of the dozens of e mails

Marmite: Hate the stuff and bullshitters

Convinced Joe??

with respect this time,stanley fatmax has had a moveable angle vial level out for at least 5 years,10 inch and also one about 18 inches,bostich also do one with a 180 degree vial not going to put pics up as my previous post was out of order,but there are numerous makes and sizes of levels and just wondering if your only difference between the levels is you call yours a scaffolders level,and once again apologies for being a bit of a ****

Also one last thing,are you telling me that the recomended angle is now a statutory angle,i for one have put ladders in to drawings which were vertical with backscratchers,also in training centres throughout the country and i will find the quote from tg20,the angle of a ladder is only recomended so how can we be culpable from a recomendation?Theres a lot of scaremongering for sales of products that cure solutions that dont need to be cured,thats the premise behind my initial outburst so apologies again

Last edited:
with respect this time,stanley fatmax has had a moveable angle vial level out for at least 5 years,10 inch and also one about 18 inches,bostich also do one with a 180 degree vial not going to put pics up as my previous post was out of order,but there are numerous makes and sizes of levels and just wondering if your only difference between the levels is you call yours a scaffolders level,and once again apologies for being a bit of a ****

Also one last thing,are you telling me that the recomended angle is now a statutory angle,i for one have put ladders in to drawings which were vertical with backscratchers,also in training centres throughout the country and i will find the quote from tg20,the angle of a ladder is only recomended so how can we be culpable from a recomendation?Theres a lot of scaremongering for sales of products that cure solutions that dont need to be cured,thats the premise behind my initial outburst so apologies again

if tg20 /sg4 is recomendations how come we get fined form hse for not working to them its the closes thing to law in the industry so techically it is like law or so i was told on me course lol

in law mate recomendations of a common working practise can be stuck to,in other words if its recomended,stuck by and widely recognised as the way to do things,that can be recognised in law,,,,,however

that is where the problem comes into it for a lot of people with nasc,they put forward and lobbie the hse for changes to law and working practises,aswell as having there own published recomendations that we should stick to,under a pretense that they are representing scaffolders needs,but they have extremely close ties to big corporations and are seen by a lot of scaffs as self serving and corrupt!

Last edited:
fluffy

If you invented that with Stabila i will show my arse in Primani's window,that level was developed for the Steel fixing Industry,if we live in a World that you need a Angle setter to put up a Ladder im going to Inject 1 kilo of Smack direct into my Eyeball and exit this planet with a Pink Fluffy Elephant with Marmite Soldiers for Toes,fuckin sales Bullshitters:mad:

fuk me pink,,, you dont half make me laugh,,,,,:laugh::laugh::laugh:inject smack into me eyeball excellent

nice little start up kit. the bucket wont last long mind you

Top Bottom