has the minimum height changed

Going back to it then, a scaff with a bit of clout would tell him building regs don't apply scaffolding as such. If it can't be found in WAH, TG20 then the elf n safety needs to read up on what he's dishing out as advice.

this advice about public 1100 came recently while i was doing adv inspec course so just shared the info i suspect the principal contractor would ask for this height specifically....at relevant location as public staircase...

Guess that's a grey area for consideration- if the designer has left an open space on a staircase without a prefabricated handrail ready to install from a " safe place" ie the ground, then the hand rail to go in, whilst not pre-fab', isn't on a scaffold platform form so probably can't come within the reg's i mentioned and the pc can ask for building regs height- but there's arguably design flaws depending on circumstances, and i think this discussion was started on the handrail on a scaffold ( again site H&S needs to sort himself) in my humble.....lol- Jakdan, don't know if you were asking me or slav there but i were 3pts off the distinction at certificate and the Diploma's going great cheers

By my cals the max high is 1261

toe board 225 +max distance 470+tickness of tube 48+max distance470+plus thickness of tube48 = 1261 mm

so centres of handrails bolt to bolt max
top 1237
bottom 767

but they way i do it is hip top doubble knee bottom hanrail or
top doubble hip bottom doubble a spanner down

should have asked him to back it up by showing you something in wrighting,however it doesnt make sense raising the minimum height but i always thought it was too low anyway look at it like this -
top of brd to top of toe 225m
maximum gap to undrside of bottom rail 470mm
witdh of botom handrail 48mm
max gap to bottom of top handrail 470mm
width of top hand rail 48mm

gives a total of 1260mm

should have asked him to back it up by showing you something in wrighting,however it doesnt make sense raising the minimum height but i always thought it was too low anyway look at it like this -
top of brd to top of toe 225m
maximum gap to undrside of bottom rail 470mm
witdh of botom handrail 48mm
max gap to bottom of top handrail 470mm
width of top hand rail 48mm

gives a total of 1260mm

Morning SP
Sorry fella but neither yours nor 1989's answer has any bearing on the question. Both answers would indicate a maximum ht not a minimum.
TG20:08, 11.6 Guardrails fixed inside the standards at a height of at least 950mm from top of deck to top surface of guardrail.
regards
Alan

alan- was trying to get the maths to work out to where he wanted it but still doesn't lolo

alan- was trying to get the maths to work out to where he wanted it but still doesn't lolo

The math's can work out if you want it to, to obtain the desired 1090 (which is a permanent guard rail not a temp) TB225 off deck +48+48+2gaps at 385. dont forget that the 470 gap is a max not a min and that we use 225 TB's but the minimum requirement is 150. Lots of variations possible none of which stop this fella being a t0sser.
regards
Alan

Alan,wouldnt t.boards be off trannies. Not that it alters measurements by much.

alan - where did the 348 come from lolo, am i being dumb but wouldn't we allow for max anyway so even if u went to top of tube 225+470+470 would still be 1165 which is only slightly more than the minimum anyway, - i didnt think there was a max ,only no more than 470 between rails - but lets be honest what the SO want they normally get reguardless,i.m certainly not gonna argue with one over a few mm than have him allover everything else like a rash,lolo the 2 day courses they go on can certainly make them more than a litle anal

SP,
as my previous mail indicates the 470 is a maximum opening, and there is no maximum stated height for temp guard rails to my knowledge. The 385 was an indication that all the heights are atainable and within the requirements. What would be interesting would be if there was a system scaffold on this site as they are all in 500mm increments what would the SO look for then??

I didnt know there was a Minimum height for scaffolders , i have seen some right little fookers over the years, make sense though with all this scaff step malarkey that there is a minimum height else how the little fookers gonna get on the step

Bang it in at baw height and bubble down, simples really. As I tell the boys if baw height doesn't work for you find a spot on your body that it does work and bubble down. I have lost count of the amount of times I have walked on to a job and know just by putting my hand on the rail if it's at the right height or not.

I think I have always known the hand rail was a minimum height Phil, if memory serves it has always been measured that way but obviously the maximum gaps gives you a height unless you are over water.

Just looked through SG20 AOM but cant find any reference to " baw " height :laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha, well there fekin should be. Strictly speaking it's not actually baw height it's just on the buckle of my belt but belt height hasn't got the same ring too it.

I could never understand why they don't ask me to do the re writes. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I am not really sure why but I really fekin hate hand rail measurers.:mad:

Top Bottom