Death on site

Very sad, a truly nice guy and character who was very well known around the North West .... condolences to Chris his son, and the rest of the family.... Harry R.I.P.

sad news rip and condolances to family and freinds

Any death on site eally saddens me. But when plant is involved it makes i blood boil - how many times have you been told to put ur hat on only to see a forklift driver without one zippin by like he on a F1 track of a dumpper with no mirrors,bleeper or bankman tearin by.
There was a gardener death on our site a few week ago where the forklift was unloading trees & reversed overhim ffs....and a few year back my bet m8s dad got killed when he was squashed by a 360.... it certainly brings it home but perhaps we're so worried about these fcukin harness we forget how dangeous a site can be if you switch off ...we should all be more vigilent...my thoughts are with his family

The young team are certainly a nightmare behind the wheel of any machine. I have said for a long time now that we are probably more at risk now getting to
and from site rather than anything actually on site.

Any death on site eally saddens me. But when plant is involved it makes i blood boil - how many times have you been told to put ur hat on only to see a forklift driver without one zippin by like he on a F1 track of a dumpper with no mirrors,bleeper or bankman tearin by.
There was a gardener death on our site a few week ago where the forklift was unloading trees & reversed overhim ffs....and a few year back my bet m8s dad got killed when he was squashed by a 360.... it certainly brings it home but perhaps we're so worried about these fcukin harness we forget how dangeous a site can be if you switch off ...we should all be more vigilent...my thoughts are with his family

Your right about the dumpers mate and being a Saturday, probably no site agent about.
Very sad news.

About 14years ago there was a terrible death on a site i was working on.that was a saturday as well
Father & son roofers got the forkkift to offer a pallet of slate up to the top lift on the rear ele - son working front of house dad @ rear
Forklift offered the pack up then left it there while he went off to breakfast- when he came back he called up to the son to ask if his dad was ready for another lift.....son went round the back but no dad about then the driver started screamin his dad had fallen off the top lift while taken the slates off the back of he pallet.
But what had killed him was his head hit a dogglaced brace on the way down & taken 1/2 his face off...everyone was in a terrible state of panick...i foubt his son will ever forget that image

About 14years ago there was a terrible death on a site i was working on.that was a saturday as well
Father & son roofers got the forkkift to offer a pallet of slate up to the top lift on the rear ele - son working front of house dad @ rear
Forklift offered the pack up then left it there while he went off to breakfast- when he came back he called up to the son to ask if his dad was ready for another lift.....son went round the back but no dad about then the driver started screamin his dad had fallen off the top lift while taken the slates off the back of he pallet.
But what had killed him was his head hit a dogglaced brace on the way down & taken 1/2 his face off...everyone was in a terrible state of panick...i foubt his son will ever forget that image

Iam lucky to have the opportunity to work with my father and my son , but the worry can put a lot of pressure on you at times , and i dont know how someone gets over seeing something like that.

Rip harry

Just read this sad news. Harry was a supervisor and yard foreman at speedy`s,
worked with both him and his son Chris, big character and big loss, very sad. RIP

hi all i am harrys son and would like too thank you all for your support on here i was onsite that day with my father and my son i did see it happen too my father as you must be all aware what happened that day i know he died a happy man in doing the job he loved so much his words was too me and my son that he would die wearing his spanners in which he did because he just didnt want too give up what he loved so much and i know he will be watching us all from above keeping us all safe and my final words too you all is thanks for all your comments thats what keeps us going day by day and i will be posting the date of funeral when we get word when his body is released too us and keep strong and be safe

hi all i am harrys son and would like too thank you all for your support on here i was onsite that day with my father and my son i did see it happen too my father as you must be all aware what happened that day i know he died a happy man in doing the job he loved so much his words was too me and my son that he would die wearing his spanners in which he did because he just didnt want too give up what he loved so much and i know he will be watching us all from above keeping us all safe and my final words too you all is thanks for all your comments thats what keeps us going day by day and i will be posting the date of funeral when we get word when his body is released too us and keep strong and be safe
crunch1774 God bless your father

Brave and sincere words Chris, I remember Harry laughing at all things in life to this day! ....take care, be strong and God Bless to you and your family.

Brave words indeed. Stay safe crunch.

Top Bottom