Best Scaffolders that you've worked with...?

Nothing wrong in doing it right mate ;)

true, just theres always a easier way for most ways. With having all day to do what ever and not worry if you earn your money or not i guess this is why most never think of the easier and quicker way as gauranteed money and prolonging the work into the weekend or a easier next day is beneficial to the modern day scaffolder.

many expierenced old scaff can erect a basic independent nearly as good as or as the same with out touching the bubble after the first lift.

I'm no saying that I like the polish and others! Just saying young scaff don't want to do **** all!

The only bubble i use, is wrigleys....lol.

You right there mummy. Once your base is in which should be plumb your second lift should run in sweet with just staffing off. Just cast your eye down tge ledgers every now and then to take any unwanted belly out the tube.
Sorry all you newbies out there but its old school way all the way.

I think in common sense goes without saying as people were brought up much different back then.

I do agree with you to a point but there are also a lot of them lads stuck in the dark ages as well and will not change with the times.

Last edited:
Can't mark a lift out,can't top a twenty above they're waist,can't go without a phone call for 5mins,can't throw fittings up three lifts,can't understand that a face brace works as a raker on the return .on and on and on.

Best Scaffolders you've ever worked with?

Do you have a mental list in your head of top scaffs from years ago, or still actually work with/know them?

Heres a few i have worked with:

Eddie Hanson (from Middlesboro) - Excellent Scaffolder and a real honest gentleman.
Darryl Venn (originally from Bristol, now lives in Essex) - Lightning fast, very good knowledge, overall one of the best ive worked with.
Vic Schneider (from London) An old time Benchmark Scaffolder, almost unmatched in scaffolding knowledge, real nice fella.
Neil Williams (from Nottingham) - Top scaff and nice overall bloke.
Ray Dwolitka (from Manchester) - Fast, agile was one of Trad's top scaffs back in the late 90's/early 00's.

Some of the spellings might be wrong, lol.
Just a few that ive worked with over the years, what about you guys?
Any stick in your head?

Jason Gibbs.

Anyone who works for Lyndon's (London depot):blink1:

Just had a look all the way through this thread and actually seen some family members, and a lot lads I've worked with who are from the generation before me, that are now managers etc. Some of the top Scaffs on some of the good list can't get a start ( Black list ) shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi denbo i worked offshore with frankie brown phil jackson great lads good scaffs

Top Bottom