Ecitb scaffs tkt

Hi all,

I have had a reply from the HSE in regards the ECITB issue & they have asked me to contavt the following. Dave Mosley NASC who is very knowledgeable about the CISRS scheme & copy in Dave Chapman.

I will report back what is said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragscaff

Ragscaff,

Almost hate to mention it but is there any chance of mentioning SCORE cards. I don't know if you have come across them or if it is just a Scottish thing but there is loads of lads up here with them and they have citb stamped all over them but main contractors stopped accepting them with the same consequences as the ecitb cards. I can forward any details if required.

I have just sent an e-mail to the NASC.

"Dear Mr. Mosley,

I am writing to you with concern.

I represent 1400 scaffolders who are members of a scaffolders forum.

We are very concerned that scaffolders who have a ECITB card are not included as trained & ticketed, I have recently had a meeting with the HSE in regards this matter in Leeds & am surprised at the NASC standing on the issue.

If you are to change the requirements why do the current holders of the ECITB card not have any Granddad rights?

Some of these guys have been scaffolding for 10 years plus!!

The CISRS scheme is too easy anyway, most of the scaffolders coming out of this scheme do not have the required practical knowledge for the modern day. 60% are not able to read drawings correctly.

I am having another meeting with the HSE in October & wish that a rep from the NASC would attend. Training is the main topic along with SG4 2010.

I await your comments.

Regards S.Quinney

Ragscaff

S.C.C.R

Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights"

I will keep you posted !!!!!!!!:D

Ragscaff

tickets

Back in jan,i had NO CHOICE , i had 2 sign on ,first time in 18 years of working...... How ever the JOB CENTRE in my first ever interview the young lady asked how i could my CV..?? my reply was put me on my ADVANCE TICKET!!! She agreed, all i had 2 do was go on line print details of the course cost, plus cost of accommodation and food ........... and the job centre will PAY !!!! However i got a job the next day, so never did honour it but they are willing to do it...... if it goes bad again at christmas I KNOW WHAT ILL BE DOING..... Good luck mate:bigsmile:

yes and when they found out the cost. they would have said you pay for it and we will re-inburse you when you get a job....
no courses normally unless you have been signing on for 6 mths.
This country is backwards in some ways...NO body wants to be out of work... Personally they have blamed the banks for this recession .... in america BP are having to fund everything including loss of buisness for the oil leak SO WHY ISNT THIS HAPPENING HERE.There quick in taking those charges....

I put this on another thread but it prob goes better here!

i know that when some sports governing bodies change they ask the coaches to do a refresher course but this is usually free and with no exams, basically they want you to up your knowledge of how they want it to be run under them. Maybe this is the way forward - yes we will accept the ECITB cards as long as you book yourself onto a CISRS course within the next 6 - 12 months?

Or maybe im just waffling **** like my labourer who always overrules me!!!:suspicious:

no lots of unemployed scaffs this end that have had grand out dole and doin tickets or pts , we have took 2 truck drivers on thru this scheme

sabretiger on here has just got his grants of dole , have a word with him

Had a reply already!!!!!!!!!

"Dear Mr Quinney
Could you let me know who you are dealing with in HSE, what the agenda and aim of the meeting will be and a date, time and location, if I am available I will hopefully attend, dependent on diary commitments.

We have been in negotiations with both the ECI and the Unions in relation to ECI Skills Database cards, for over 10 years, we have never put any agreement in place re the acceptance of ECI skills cards. Although I do not doubt many of the ECI skills cards holders are very experienced scaffolders, I did hold the card myself and know several very good scaffolders who held these cards, however that card is issued based upon experience and employer endorsement only, as opposed to the CISRS scheme which is based upon formal training, experience and assessment.

All ECI cardholders were written to by the ECI informing them that they would have to obtain CISRS cards by the end of this year and that they would require training. The unions sent out further correspondence requesting responses from card holders who did not already hold a CISRS card and were opposed to carrying out training, the response was very poor, less than 100. It was felt that the vast majority of existing ECI card holders had now undertaken the CISRS training and obtained their CISRS card.

We have not had a Grandfather rights route to a CISRS card for over 25 years, we did have an Assessed Route of Entry course in place for over 10 years 1996-2006, for experienced scaffolders however this was withdrawn following the introduction of the WAH Regs 2005, which stated competence for Scaffolder must include specific formal training which is opposed to an assessment only route.

If you can provide me with the further information as requested, I will respond accordingly.

Regards
Dave Mosley
CISRS "

Ragscaff

well ragscaff looks like your voice of 1400 has made inroads

Ecitb ********!!

Hi ragstaff emailed D Mosley 5 weeks ago told him I'd had ecitb 23 yrs and been working on national grid last 8 years on capes and pro.access on high voltage 4ookv ect. Have worked with animal on most contracts, thats without the last 15yrs of scaffolding told him I can get glowing refrences he said I can offer you is a trainee card as ive not done the trainning iam not blaimming D Mosley just the system its crazy.....I speak for many 23years should be enough I think if you can provide wittneses ect not 2 weeks for a part one in a class room and 2 weeks for for a part 2 in a class room when uve got 23 yrs and 15 years or even 10 yrs service.... 20 days in a class room to become a scaffolder its ludicrouse gone from an advanced ecitb to a bloody trainee funny thing is I am 44 years old and not 18 lol...... Ive said my peace roll on 6 numbers on the loto I'm out of here lol.....Dico

Dico you are you reason along with a lot of others that I will spend my own time on SCCR to get a voice for the evey day man. Can't promise the speed of it but I ill try my best:noworry:

I am 45 & struggle every day with the harness & all the other s**t. 20 years without having to ook behind me I have manage to wrok safely!!!!:nuts:

Best Regards Ragscaff

true comment tho mate - u have made great efforts to represent the members of the forum good on ya -- 45 ha

Bring on the scaffolders games. P**s it !!!

Maybe the first one in Cornwall?

Get some bands & marquees bobs your uncle.

First meeting of the SCCR!!:eek::eek:

Ragscaff

hi have been in the game 22 years ecitb ticket .House bashing site work new build power stations blue book jobs fixing and supervising.Just sat my part one cisrs spent more time on tea break than anything else.Time in the classroom talked about anything but scaffolding and still finished 2 days early though still have to go in for last 2 days to do nothing.The course is to long and outdated and cannot be failed unless you kill someone.How this is more of a quilifacation than 22 years expirence is a joke its just a money making excercise.

hi have been in the game 22 years ecitb ticket .House bashing site work new build power stations blue book jobs fixing and supervising.Just sat my part one cisrs spent more time on tea break than anything else.Time in the classroom talked about anything but scaffolding and still finished 2 days early though still have to go in for last 2 days to do nothing.The course is to long and outdated and cannot be failed unless you kill someone.How this is more of a quilifacation than 22 years expirence is a joke its just a money making excercise.
Well said Frenchy, I would rather work for a scaff with no ticket at all and 20 years experience than some of the part one scaffs I've seen. When I did the CISRS supervisors course we spent the last day listening to Gary from CADS trying to sell us all CADS smart scaff ! so the course was 4 days really not 5 as once we had been treated to a lecture about CADS it was going home time.

Cheers m8 so its not just me and others that thinks its a money spinner!!!

Its goes to show the that the Forum is making the NASC/CISRS decision makers sit up and take notice and dare say it a litte nervous too. Well done Ragscaff a sterling effort mate.:bigsmile:

I agree with Dico its no good blaming blaming Mr Mosley for the situation the ECITB scaffolders like Dico and Frenchy find themselves in, I have stated elsewhere on the forum that IMO the ECITB have sold out our brother scaffs by not incorporating scaffolders into their ACE card scheme and awarding NVQs based on on site assessment and work based evidence.

My solution would be to fast track ECITB scaffolders with a proven record of say 5yrs min in the industry through the CISRS system by exempting them from the part one and two courses and achieve NVQ 2 status via EWPA route to a blue CISRS scaffolder card . With a time limit of 1yr on the exemption.

Any thoughts guys?

Top Bottom