zerocatch says hello.

ZeroCatch

Reaction score
Hello to scaffs everywhere,
I'm not a scaffolder, but I work with you every day in the engineering construction industry on erection and installation, shutdowns and maintenanance. Presently I'm working at LafargeTarmacs bagging plant at Barnstone nr Nottingham. Which bags cement based products in plastic bags for many different customers.

Over my working life I have banged, caught, cut myself, ripped overalls, snagged 110v leads, rigging, crane hooks, harnesses.... you name it on the thread part of a coupler that sticks out. I've seen loads being lifted by cranes snag on this sticking out thread and cause near heart attack with the banksman. Anyway enough drama, and I know It doesn't only happen to me.

I have designed, patented and made a prototype coupler that has no exposed thread, works identically to existing couplers, tightens up with a scaff spanner but with hardly any protrusions at all. You could walk by in your wedding dress and not snag on it.

I need a few names of reputable coupler manufacturers, UK based, who I could approach, to maybe get this into production. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

All the best, possibly the longest hello ever !

Mike Woodward.

Presco launched a similar product a few months ago. Welcome to the Forum Zerocatch.

I aint got a wedding dress but if I get ill get back to you.jokeing.welcome 2 u.

Zerocatch

"I need a few names of reputable coupler manufacturers, UK based, who I could approach, to maybe get this into production. Does anyone have any suggestions ?"

Google search or yellow pages would be the normal way of finding what you are asking.

Or are you just advertising .

Thanks Swifty for your help,

Well I'm wholly gutted about this, this type of coupler has been around 50 odd years, and then 2 improved versions come along at the same time.

My design use's a elongated nut and shortened T bolt pretty much like traditional fittings, so it is quite similar. I doubt this will go much further, but thankyou all for the welcome.

All the best.

Mike,

Right......... pub or Beachy Head ?:)

Top Bottom