Need CCNSG but would SMSTS cover it?

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
Just found out that i may have to get my hands on a CCNSG Safety Passport for a job that's coming up.

I have recently done the SMSTS course 5 weeks ago, is this any way around having to get another Safety passport, Either Emss or CCNSG?

ccnsg minimal money to a man of your wealth

I have my CCNSG.
I was under the impression that you need this as a minimum to get onto the types of jobs that your looking at.

I believe that there is a 'Management' version of the CCNSG thats a 5 day course, instead of the usual 2 day, but thats it.

Im not sure if a SMSTS will cover it.

Ran out ages ago Karl 2 years maybe, i got a few mates to do the Emss after I recommended it and they have been fine with it since.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

GOOD NEWS, Just checked with EMSS online (they are gonna be bigger than CCNSG) and I can have a card without sitting another test as I have the SMSTS and it only costs 20 quid.

Also if you have IOSH, Nebosh, SSSTS, and a few others you can obtain a valid safety passport from them.

RESULT

Ran out ages ago Karl 2 years maybe, i got a few mates to do the Emss after I recommended it and they have been fine with it since.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

GOOD NEWS, Just checked with EMSS online (they are gonna be bigger than CCNSG) and I can have a card without sitting another test as I have the SMSTS and it only costs 20 quid.

Also if you have IOSH, Nebosh, SSSTS, and a few others you can obtain a valid safety passport from them.

RESULT

how old does the NEBOSH need to be?

I think everything like that has to be within 2 years.

If it's in date then you can register for their safety passport, obviously it will expire when and if nebosh does. Just paid and it only cost 15 quid not 20.

Whats web address for emss matey

RESULT

How did you get on I have sssts so should be ok with the $20 an then get the card eh ?

Top Bottom