Impact wrench

desp

Reaction score
I have a female safety officer on one of our sites trying to ban our lads using impact wrenches , now I've told her we only use them for nut running an the final turn is done with a spanner and for dismantling , but now she wants proof of this in writing , as I've told her how can she ban it yet the nasc still allow its use ?

Anyone seen anything online I can use against her ?

First i've heard of it, but we knew this day would come. Wont be long before we need to have a cert to prove we can use it correctly.

i have a female safety officer on one of our sites trying to ban our lads using impact wrenches , now i've told her we only use them for nut running an the final turn is done with a spanner and for dismantling , but now she wants proof of this in writing , as i've told her how can she ban it yet the nasc still allow its use ?

Anyone seen anything online i can use against her ?

she maby wants to be the onyl 1 on site thats able to use a vibrating tool for drilling all be it her self normally but hey its a power thing

ive mentioned before on other posts regarding IWs that HAVS will probably come into play regarding the use of IWs.Who do you put the claim for White Finger into when most of the guys that use them are self employed;)

Surely if the company she works for wants to ban them they can, its at their disgretion is it not?

I have a female safety officer on one of our sites trying to ban our lads using impact wrenches , now I've told her we only use them for nut running an the final turn is done with a spanner and for dismantling , but now she wants proof of this in writing , as I've told her how can she ban it yet the nasc still allow its use ?

Has she got big tits?

Bellways by any chance. name of Murphy !!!!!!

ive mentioned before on other posts regarding IWs that HAVS will probably come into play regarding the use of IWs.Who do you put the claim for White Finger into when most of the guys that use them are self employed;)

U dont need to worry about white finger as tthe triggertime is well within limits

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Do a add on to ur risk assesment & ram set include the noise regs & teiider time equation etc stating bs torque values etc reguadless of erecting tell her u onky gonba use for striking ...then ask her what her arguments are for not using them, she wont be able to have one if ur paperworks up to date...a so has not got the power to stop u using it but she can advise the client to stop u alrhough theres no precicent set to stop them from being used

Top Bottom