Hi - Starting from Zero!

Tiger

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am not in scaffolding in fact I don't know much about it. But a good friend of mine wants me to use my investment and enter the scaffolding industry. He said we can start up a new company on around £30,000 he has a few good clients and we want to start from here. He has been in scaffolding for around 10 years now.

Just thought I would investigate more and ask some professionals on here about how the industry is doing and any tips and hints on a start-up company in London.

Would like to hear your feedbakc good and bad if any :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Thanks mate! Looking forward to some replies..

It depends on how much work you intend to do from the start as to how much of a cash investment you would need £30k will get you started but wont go very far , you need a secure yard , a lorry which will need an o license tax and insurance , then you need PL insurance.
Then of course you need tube fittings and boards ladders and other odds and sods.
Then as you expand you will need men which means more gear and another lorry,

On the other hand you could start with a half back and enough kit to do a few house fronts and see where that leads.

either way good luck with it mate its a hard road to go down but it can be very rewarding if you dont want holidays a social life or having a few £ in your pocket at the end of every week .

The best bit of advise i could give you would be to by a small white van, enrole in an evening colledge course & once passed use your money to get some tools & get your van sighn written up as a gas safe engineer & plumber cos tbh they make the money-not us

Thanks for the welcome guys and the advise - appreciate it

Top Bottom